Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

Spins in FS2002?

Guest airbusguy330

After doing some real spins in a C152, I wanted to test it in FS, so I took the cessna 172 (closest to the 152) and tried, but it just wouldn't spin. It does SEEM to spin if you continue to give aileron, but once you stop giving aileron it stops rotating. I thought this was just a flaw in the C172, but then I tested some other aircraft (C182, mooney and some freeware aircraft), but none of them would really spin with just rudder input. Does anyone know a freeware aircraft wich is able to make a correct spin? Or maybe know how to modify the aircraft file to make the C172 spin?

Hey Airbus Guy, There's only ONE aircraft that spins correctly in flight simulator and that's RealAir's Sai Marchetti 260. This GA aircraft might be the closest to a real flight dynamics than any other at present even Flight 1's Meridian.PS- They are working on another GA aircraft so stay tuned I think it's a Cessna but maybe someone can suppy more info.Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

The trouble with holding in aileron to produce what looks like a spin, is that it builds up excessive airspeed, which a real spin won't do. But at least from a tower view, it does look like a spin, since it's all faked anyway..And besides, the Cessna manual mentions inducing some aileron along with rudder to promote a quick entry into the spin if desired. We use to use this method with a Pitt's to get quick entry into the desired direction. Then we could stop rotation & spin the other direction, which was all for aerobatic airshow type routine.But as mentioned in the first reply, it's the RealAir Marchetti SF260 for authentic spins, good cross-control as in slips, and aerobatic capable such as snap rolls, tailslides, and hammerheads. The programmer went to great lenghts to produce an effective spin and recovery. Took only about an extra 500 hours or so of programming, fixing & reprogramming. That's why you won't find too many spinning aircraft in the near future.L.Adamson

Guest airbusguy330

I knew the Marchetti does but I think it's stupid to buy it because of that. And there's absolutely no freeware aircrat that spins?

>PS- They are working on another GA aircraft so stay tuned I >think it's a Cessna but maybe someone can suppy more info. >>It is a 172, and come to think of it, they said it will spin.L.Adamson

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!Try the included default Corsair, it's the closest you'll get.P.S. ----- I didn't buy the Marchetti just for spins. It's an all around fun plane to sim fly & real world................but sure helps to have rudder pedals.

>NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! >>Try the included default Corsair, it's the closest you'll >get. >>P.S. ----- I didn't buy the Marchetti just for spins. It's >an all around fun plane to sim fly & real >world................but sure helps to have rudder pedals. Keep your eyes opened for a Lancair Legacy within the next couple of months. Full aerobatics including flat spins, hammerheads, slips, etc.... :)

>I knew the Marchetti does but I think it's stupid to buy it because of that

http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.htmlis working on a freeware cessna 172 flight model that includes spins, just like their SF260. There is no info on their site, but I am sure they posted something about it here in the forums. Haven't heard much info on it lately, but I would assume it is still in the works. In the meantime, as others mentioned, you cannot go wrong with the SF260. They also have a good cessna 182 flight model (freeware) which is quite good, although I do not believe that it spins accuratly. EDIT: while I was typing this, Rob went ahead and released the new 172 file and it is available in the library here now!

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF