Sign in to follow this  

How do i increase the amount of ai aircraft?

I've set the atc to 100%, but i want more aircraft.I would prefer them to be dynamic, but i don't mind at all if they are just static.Any ideas how to do this?

Guest ba747heavy

www.projectai.comUse the search function on this forum, very handy, and answers your question.

Thanx for the link, but im still not sure what to do.Can someone please explain what i exactly need to do to increase the ai traffic and aircraft scenery.(static craft).Can i increase the general amount in fs2002 or does it need to be aiport specific?What are these afcad files etcI don't want to buy anything, if possible!Thank you.

hey Bro, the amount of AI depends on how many flightplans you have, the default only provides a few for the major airports. to increase them you have a few options, the easiest is go to Project AI and d/l the new installers, install them, you will see a few more aircraft then, but you will only see as many aircraft as you have parking spots for, that is where AFCAD comes in. When you open an airport in AFCAD you will see the AI track layout at an airport, taxiways, parking spots, etc. Again, the default only allows for a few parking spots, which means only a few aircraft can park there. Your best bet is to d/l new AFCAD files and import them. Always export the original first as some can screw up your sim. With the new aircraft and flightplans from PAI and the new parking spots at airports you should see a big increase in AI. keep in mind this WILL affect your performance, all those polygons on the screen will drag your FPS down. I have 5 overlays at KLAX, with all runways working and every gate full, it looks sweet, but is unflyable! LOLIf you still have questions, feel free to email me and I'll help!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks michael!I downloaded an afcad file for heathrow but it seems to be text??If I wanted loads of planes at heathrow, i download an afcad file to replace the original.Then i download a new flightplan to increase the planes.Correct??Can you recommend some good files for Heathrow?