Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mzehmed

Pmdg Md-11 System Requirments Confirmation.

Guest Mzehmed

Hi, Firstly my Laptop specs; - Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe SP2- Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64bit. - Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS x512MB.- Intel DualCore Processor @ 2.4GHZ. - 4GB RAM.- Intel Chipset.I have been thinking about purchase of an FSX add-on, that I can stick with and that I can get the most enjoyment out of. I have seen that most PMDG aircraft offer complex systems and realistic features, along with a number of good extras (i.e. printed manuals). So I saw the MD-11 and I have had a good read through its features and what it offers, however it isnt cheap and therefore I wanted to be 100% positive from other users on the performance I could get out of it and level of quality my system would run it at. Seeing as there is no demo model for me to test it on my system with, could those who have this product and can relate to my system specs tell me what sort of performance I will get out of it on my computer? I currently run FSX on the default settings which have the sliders all set to "Ultra High". I have read the systems reqs. on the PMDG site, but as being cautious goes I wanted to double check. Thanks for any help in advance.EDIT: If I was to purchase this, is it a good idea to get the FS2 Crew for the MD-11 as well? Or just start off with the aircraft and get used to that first?

I believe if you are happy with the FSX performance on your laptop then it will support the MD11. The impact on frame rates is less than what the 747X does to it. When the beta tests started, I was running a P4 single core and I was very happy with performance. The dual core does a much better job. Have fun.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Mzehmed
I believe if you are happy with the FSX performance on your laptop then it will support the MD11. The impact on frame rates is less than what the 747X does to it. When the beta tests started, I was running a P4 single core and I was very happy with performance. The dual core does a much better job. Have fun.
Ah very good. Thank you for the quick reply, I shall definitely (in that case) take a look at ordering this over the next few days.

Ah very good. Thank you for the quick reply, I shall definitely (in that case) take a look at ordering this over the next few days.
Yeah you should be fine as long as you run reasonable slider settings in FSX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com