Sign in to follow this  
Guest frontendrob

Fmc For Default A321 And B738

Guest frontendrob

Hi all.I want to add a FMC to FSX standard Airbus A321 and Boeing 737-800. I researched that Friendly Panles (http://secure.simmarket.com/friendly-panels-fmc-pack-1-v1.5-(de_2833).phtml) and Integrated Simavionics (http://www.isgsim.com/) are my (obvious) choices. I am not sure which one to chose, as Friendly Panels supposedly only supports a 737-400, while Integrated Simavionics doesn't seem to be made for a specific type of Aircraft at all.What I am looking for is easy integration to the named Aircrafts, I already have enough hassle with other addons. My main interest is loading FSX flightplans to use LNAV and maybe VNAV. I fly in the VC and I want to popup the FMC with Shift+2, I don't not need any other additional panels.I would appreciate any advice.Greetings,Rob

My understanding is that the Friendly panels are simply a wrapper for the default GPS500. You will not have access to things like SIDS/STARS. The simavionic FMS, while generic, is capable of updating the NAVDATA and is programmible with SIDS/STARS. My preference is simavionics.PS. I would also suggest looking at the RXP GNS500. While it isn't normally found in heavy metal, it is alot easier to learn and use (my opinion), plus lets you use SIDS/STARS (not updatable unfortunately)

Hi all.I want to add a FMC to FSX standard Airbus A321 and Boeing 737-800. I researched that Friendly Panles (http://secure.simmarket.com/friendly-panels-fmc-pack-1-v1.5-(de_2833).phtml) and Integrated Simavionics (http://www.isgsim.com/) are my (obvious) choices. I am not sure which one to chose, as Friendly Panels supposedly only supports a 737-400, while Integrated Simavionics doesn't seem to be made for a specific type of Aircraft at all.What I am looking for is easy integration to the named Aircrafts, I already have enough hassle with other addons. My main interest is loading FSX flightplans to use LNAV and maybe VNAV. I fly in the VC and I want to popup the FMC with Shift+2, I don't not need any other additional panels.I would appreciate any advice.Greetings,Rob

Guest frontendrob

I am friends with the FMC offered by PDMG and Level-D, so I think I can handle it, and I actually dont need SID / STAR data. I just wonder if it will install to these 2 aircrafts and works out of the box?

i have only used the ISG stuff in my eaglesoft citation x but i like it, usually i fly the lds or pmdg stuff when i want to get hardcore fmc action so i can't say i have used it extensively to answer your question, they have an archive of pre-made panel.cfg files for many aircraft there is a list here, includes the a321 and 737: http://www.isgsim.com/?page=panel_library it is my understanding that it is pretty tweakable to make the vnavs work with different types of aircraft power/weight settings etc but i have not really dug too deeply.cheers,-andy crosby

I use ISG in everything I want to hop up. Mostly big iron but it works really well. Good support is a plus too. The other one didn't seem very interesting to me.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest frontendrob

Well I jumped in and bought the Friendly Panels product, as I liked the reduced functionality (just FMC no other add. panels).However, after two test flights with the A321 it seems to be rather sluggish, and the documentation is really bad (a tutorial is included for some unknown 737-400 which doesn't come with FSX) and there is no info at all on how to activate LNAV and VNAV in different aircraft types. Not to speak of that it messed up all my liveries for the 321 and the 738 in FSX. VNAV seemed to work rather rough once activated (and appr. speeds are complete b/s). I figured you have to switch to GPS and hit the APR button to activate LNAV in the Airbus. Then however the plane will not catch the glideslope during an ILS approach (probably have to switch back to NAV, I will try that later). I will also have to try the functionality in the 737. But the first impression is rather mixed.

Well I jumped in and bought the Friendly Panels product, as I liked the reduced functionality (just FMC no other add. panels).However, after two test flights with the A321 it seems to be rather sluggish, and the documentation is really bad (a tutorial is included for some unknown 737-400 which doesn't come with FSX) and there is no info at all on how to activate LNAV and VNAV in different aircraft types. Not to speak of that it messed up all my liveries for the 321 and the 738 in FSX. VNAV seemed to work rather rough once activated (and appr. speeds are complete b/s). I figured you have to switch to GPS and hit the APR button to activate LNAV in the Airbus. Then however the plane will not catch the glideslope during an ILS approach (probably have to switch back to NAV, I will try that later). I will also have to try the functionality in the 737. But the first impression is rather mixed.
Hello BobThe ISG FMS is the way to go, Way more functionality with great support and ongoing developement.The FP FMS is pretty much just the default GPS dressed up as an FMS, the framerates take a hit as well