Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Anti Ailaising

I have a GeForce Ti300 and had problems with AA. The cockpits seem to change color all the time. Yea, tried all the different settings but no go so I stopped using it. A few weeks ago my monitor went out so I bought a new 19inch. My old one was a 17inch. I tried using AA again and for some reason it is working with no problems at all. Is it possible a monitor and AA could have an effect on each other to the point of the problem I was having with using AA? Thanks. William

William,Think about it! If you monitor was in the throws of failing, you could experience any number of odd characteristics.I am suprised you didn't see irregularities in normal Window's desktop.

Well at the time AA was the only thing not working. Now there were a few other things that I "thought" weren't quite right just because of the limitions of my machine but since I got the new monitor I'm not having any problems at all. The graphics for one are alot smoother. Thanks for the feedback. William

FSAA is done before the image is sent to the monitor, so it would not be technically possible for a monitor to fail in such a way that FSAA stops working.Some Nvidia drivers had problems with FSAA in FS2002, the result would be that the 2D panel would get "smeared" and colors would change. Sure you didn't update the display drivers at the same time as you switched monitors?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest ba747heavy

William --As a side note, I think I have had that happen before when my desktop color was 32 bit. Dunno what yours was set to, and glad that your computer is fixed :D

Thanks JimmiG. Yea, that's what happened to the panels. I think I updated the drivers before I got the monitor but didn't get rid of the previous ones so not sure if they are current or not. I'm also not sure of the best drivers because I hear of so many people trying different ones and not getting any better results. Have thought about another card though. I'll wait and see how it goes for now. I don't like it when something changes and I don't know why it changed. Thanks again. William

Guest ba747heavy

Make that 16 bit desktop color. :-/