Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

HELP ME PLEASE

I am looking to become an Aircraft painter for FS2002, i will only ddo livery's for VA's, but firts i need some help. I need the following questions answered:1) do i need a special program and if i do where can i get it and is it free?2) where is the best place to get aircraft for paining?3) do you need FS2002 Pro edition?4) do you need GMAX?ThanksAlistair SloanChairman of Sservices (a VA)P.S I am looking to paint my own aircraft soon (sorry Sandy!)Alistair

Hey Alistair, you will need IMAGETOOL which comes with FS pro, but I think you can d/l it from the MS site. I also use DTXBmp which makes it easier and faster for me, you can get it from the FS sites.Any aircraft will work, just some are different texture formats, so you'll neeed to figure these things out first and also some textures have alpha channels (for tranparents and reflections), you don't want to loose these. Seems now everyone is catering to new painters by releasing paint kits, I just started painting existing textures, which will help you learn techniques more in my mind, and some have no paintkits.FSpro is mostly needed for gauges so it shouldn't be a problem for painting, only flyingNo GMAX has nothing to do with it. Hope that helpsRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW