Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlightLevel380

System Failure Caused By Ncpro?

Guest FlightLevel380

Hi guys,I did a fresh install of Windows and FS9. My system crashes mid flight in different aircraft and different scenery areas. First the monitor turns off and seconds later I get a sound loop over and over again until I reset the machine and restart. Doesn't happen on all flights but happens on some specific flights and periodically on other flights. Had all of the hardware confirmed running properly. NCPRO was the last thing the machine was dealing with before it crashed. NCPRO is Natural Color Pro by Samsung. I installed it with my new build but it never installed properly or was not compatible so I uninstalled it. I think it may have left something behind causing my issue. I'm going to look in the registry tonight to see if there is anything there. I've tried different video drivers and considered it maybe being ai aircraft or scenery so I ran Flightsim Manager and found many errors corrected most but still have this problem.Never encountered this before, any ideas would be welcome.I'm running an Intel Quad core, Nvidia9600GT, Windows XP Pro, FS9also running Nhancer with 8x & 16X enhancing the applicationActive Sky GraphicsRadar ContactUltimate TerrainMany aircraft & SceneryThanks,Mike

Guest FlightLevel380

I realize that my issue and the information that I've provided may be vague and difficult to know where to start.....I've removed all of my scenery and AI aircraft brought the sim right down to the minimum and the problem persisted.Fed up, I tried out the FSX demo and it ran great!!I'm going to buy FSX today and give it a try, just dreading having to spend money on all that adware again like PMDG 744, Hi Fi Simulation, ground environment, Sceneries etc.....Anyone have a credit card I can borrow? :)Thanks Anyway, wish me luck!Mike

Hi guys,I did a fresh install of Windows and FS9. My system crashes mid flight in different aircraft and different scenery areas. First the monitor turns off and seconds later I get a sound loop over and over again until I reset the machine and restart. Doesn't happen on all flights but happens on some specific flights and periodically on other flights. Had all of the hardware confirmed running properly. NCPRO was the last thing the machine was dealing with before it crashed. NCPRO is Natural Color Pro by Samsung. I installed it with my new build but it never installed properly or was not compatible so I uninstalled it. I think it may have left something behind causing my issue. I'm going to look in the registry tonight to see if there is anything there. I've tried different video drivers and considered it maybe being ai aircraft or scenery so I ran Flightsim Manager and found many errors corrected most but still have this problem.Never encountered this before, any ideas would be welcome.I'm running an Intel Quad core, Nvidia9600GT, Windows XP Pro, FS9also running Nhancer with 8x & 16X enhancing the applicationActive Sky GraphicsRadar ContactUltimate TerrainMany aircraft & SceneryThanks,Mike
I would start by running a chkdsk /r in the command prompt. If you are unsure how to do this put chkdsk in help and support and it will explain how. Make sure you have an antivirus program, that updates you to the current version, and scan your system, ( I would recommend doing the scan in safe mode.) Ccleaner is CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system. This is a very good, free, program that will scan your registry too. > http://www.ccleaner.com/. I would do a scan in safe mode. This might not help, but it's worth a try. Sounds like NCPRO caused a problem. I would search, and remove all traces of this using regedit. Be very careful in the registry. Problem's can be caused by editing the registry.try resetting Nhancer back to it's default setting too.

Guest FlightLevel380

Hi,I thank you for your advice, I really did go out and buy FSX. Removed FS9. And you know what? That same issue occurs in FSX, just not as frequently. So it's nothing to do with FS although I run BF2, MOHAA, COD4, and they run real smooth; never problems. My system is clean, I run NOD32 antivirus.I'm thinking it's a driver or hardware issue, maybe sound or something else running in the background that doesn't agree.I was so fed up that I brought it to a computer tech to diagnose the system, got a clean bill of health but he said that it was crashing on NCPro. I've removed every trace of NCPro. It doesn't seem to be the culprit.I thought this thread would just die, always open to suggestions though. Mike

Hi,I thank you for your advice, I really did go out and buy FSX. Removed FS9. And you know what? That same issue occurs in FSX, just not as frequently. So it's nothing to do with FS although I run BF2, MOHAA, COD4, and they run real smooth; never problems. My system is clean, I run NOD32 antivirus.I'm thinking it's a driver or hardware issue, maybe sound or something else running in the background that doesn't agree.I was so fed up that I brought it to a computer tech to diagnose the system, got a clean bill of health but he said that it was crashing on NCPro. I've removed every trace of NCPro. It doesn't seem to be the culprit.I thought this thread would just die, always open to suggestions though. Mike
Hi Mike, Maybe if you go to control panel/administrative tools/event viewer, you can see what is causing FS to crash. Then you could do a search on that..???

Guest FlightLevel380

I see what your saying, there are many error events but I'm having a hard time matching the last crash to an event. some have to do with parallel port service, explorer, a few others but nothing that I can connect to the crashes. I don't remember when it occurred last. Next time I'll look at the event viewer! Thanks,Mike