Sign in to follow this  
Guest meekal

Banking

Guest meekal

Hi,Both my PMDG 747 and MD-11 have recently started to bank gently, left to right, about 3-4 degrees each side, along the navigation track. I have no significant weather or winds and no recent add-on's that could explain this. Any thoughts would be appreciated.Meekal

Slowly changing winds will do exactly what you describe. You didn't mention if the aircraft are remaining on track, which is what they are supposed to do. Microslop also has a problem where mag variations vary, the aircraft will suddenly nudge to the left or right passing from one value to the next (at least that is my theory). Bottom line, it is working if you are tracking.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest meekal
Hi,Both my PMDG 747 and MD-11 have recently started to bank gently, left to right, about 3-4 degrees each side, along the navigation track. I have no significant weather or winds and no recent add-on's that could explain this. Any thoughts would be appreciated.Meekal
Thanks for responding. It's tracking alright. She will bank to the left and start to go off track, but will come back to the centerline, and then bank to the right and go off track, but come back, and so on. On a longish flight, watching the instruments and this banking going on endlessly from side to side can make you sick! This does not happen with my other sims and I think I must have all of them! So I remain perplexed.Meekal

Meekal:I'm guessing you have Active Sky enabled? There is an issue with that FSUIPC and the 744 attributed to cloud turbulence. Try "Disable All Cloud Turbulence" in FSUIPC and let us know if that fixes the issue.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest meekal
Meekal:I'm guessing you have Active Sky enabled? There is an issue with that FSUIPC and the 744 attributed to cloud turbulence. Try "Disable All Cloud Turbulence" in FSUIPC and let us know if that fixes the issue.
Hi,I am usually always asked whether I have any of these fancy add-on's! Being a strictly flying buff, with a desire for maximum smoothness, I have nothing added. Indeed, since I mostly fly with cloud cover (simple clouds) and my approaches are low visibility, I don't care for the quality of the scenery either. In both the 747 and the MD-11, I have the FO's LCD's turned off as well as the blurring of the overhead (I forget the technical term) to get that maximum smoothness. However, I will try and disable the option you have suggested and see what happens. Incidentally, I was flying a default this morning and an F.28 yesterday, with no problems at all.Thanks for your time,Meekal

Run a test flight with clear weather/no winds and see if that makes a difference. The one addon I think is required is a registered version of FSUIPC to smooth the weather. It is a Microslop problem that existed in both FS9 and FSX.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest BlueRidgeDx
It is a Microslop problem...
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but can you please stop referring to Microsoft as "Microslop"?If not for them, PMDG wouldn't be nearly as successful as it is, so I think you could be a little less condescending.Regards,Nick

If not for them, PMDG wouldn't be nearly as successful as it is, so I think you could be a little less condescending.
That is my opinion, bud. I don't work for or represent PMDG either. The ACES team created FSX with one thing in mind, to spur sales of a stale product. They did this by dressing up the visuals (scenery and textures) and added an API, which I believe they did to improve their code wrangling efficiency and then sold it as a added feature. Their atmospheric modelling is very rudimentary, sufficient for their poorly modeled default aircraft, but wholly inadequate for a high fidelity simulation and is a carry over from FS2000. They continue to encode global navigation data, which changes a little over a period of 56 days and significantly over a period of two years, in hard-coded scenery files and provide no reasonable method for updates, and used the same data in most cases as was provided in FS2004. In my opinion, they make a low cost C172 simulator that others (PMDG et al) have found ways to implant quality products but not without many man-years of effort. To their credit, they recognize the boost to sales due to the after-market suppliers and make an effort to work with them.I don't find that condescending, rather my attitude towards their product is cynical.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest BlueRidgeDx

You do represent PMDG, its right there in your big old signature. As much as I "love" PMDG - and let there be no doubt that I do - I find it more than a little annoying that they let a beta tester run around ripping on the very platform that has provided for their success. To the detriment of some very dedicated people, I might add.I don't come to the PMDG forum to read about what you think of Microsoft, so why don't you check your prejudices at the door, bud?Nick

Guest meekal
You do represent PMDG, its right there in your big old signature. As much as I "love" PMDG - and let there be no doubt that I do - I find it more than a little annoying that they let a beta tester run around ripping on the very platform that has provided for their success. To the detriment of some very dedicated people, I might add.I don't come to the PMDG forum to read about what you think of Microsoft, so why don't you check your prejudices at the door, bud?Nick
Oh dear, we seem to be off topic here. Adding my two cents, I am not a great fan of MS. They make a good platform for other more talented and dedicated people to use. Imagine life as simmers if we were stuck with the appalling defaults they produce. Sometimes, I feel insulted. As though MS is mocking us. The banking today was really quite terrible -- from side to side, about 25 degrees in each direction. She smoothens out on approach and finals are rock solild (afterI ran the Registery Cleaner). I don't think I had any weather but I will run it again. I do not have a registered copy of FUPIC. Meekal

I don't come to the PMDG forum to read about what you think of Microsoft, so why don't you check your prejudices at the door, bud?
Dan has no financial stake at PMDG, he is not paid in any way. So when he posts here he doesn't speak for PMDG. He like anyone else here is entitled to write Microslop (I personally wouldn't write this), it is his opinion and he has a right to express it. This is a free discussion forum subject to rules posted above and I don't see where he broke those rules, hyperboles, exaggerations and other similar forms of speech are allowed. So in fact you are completely off base, visiting this forum you may find many things you don't want to read - if this is the case just skip and move on or set-up your own forum and invent your own rules where you will demand strict accountability for every single word.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Wrong.I entered a thread expecting to find a discussion regarding the banking tendencies of the MD-11. I did not click on a thread titled "PMDG beta tester bashes microsoft". If I had, then your argument might hold some weight.I'm a PMDG customer, and when I read the posts of someone who has a giant PMDG logo in their signature, and that person speaks authoritatively on matters regarding PMDG's products, then I'm afraid he does speak for PMDG.I simply asked that he not refer to the dedicated people at Microsoft, as "Microslop". Its rude, disrespectful, and unnecessary. Try putting the shoe on the other foot, and imagine people associated with the FSX beta test publicly mocking the PMDG team. Do you think PMDG customers wouldn't say something? Do you think MS would keep them around?

Back on topic, please try a flight with clear weather selected (no clouds, no winds, std atmosphere) and see if you experience the banking problem. If not, then I recommend a registered copy of FSUIPC. It does an excellent job of smoothing the weather variations inherent in MSFS. I set it to dampen variations to 1 deg/kt per 5 sec, which seems fairly realistic (I've been flying for 38 yrs). Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan , I have a registered copy of FSUIPC with smooth winds, and pressure and the ac is banking very noticeable during climb, and less in cruise and descent. With other add-ons, no problem. Very annoying, because i love this plane from PMDG...Best.Miquel Egea.