Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest meekal

It Has Been A Long Time

Hi Guys!I did not think I would see you guys still hanging around! It has been a long time. Many reasons: been unwell, travelling extensively, trying to finish a book etc. But it is good to visit "home" again.Anyone still flying PP? Probably not. I, for one, wish I had not sent my only copy to a Forum friend up in Canada. It never came back. If I had my copy, I would be still flying her on my old computer, low resolution and all.Meekal

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Meekal!!!! Is that really you? It is great to see you again! How are you? We have all missed you and often wondered where you were. Also, Doc has had to fill in for you as moderator since your absence.We are still here, some of us, although the Porkster, Lindy, and Scott Brazell have disappeared from sight. Ed Weber has been seen here from time to time. Bob (Flybert) has also been very ill, but has recently re-appeared in the Flight Unlimited forum. Still, you will find Doc, Dan, Dave, Jerry here from time to time.Nice to have you back, I am sure that the others will make their feelings known. Time for a party, guys. :( Best regards.Luis

Hi Guys!I did not think I would see you guys still hanging around! It has been a long time. Many reasons: been unwell, travelling extensively, trying to finish a book etc. But it is good to visit "home" again.Anyone still flying PP? Probably not. I, for one, wish I had not sent my only copy to a Forum friend up in Canada. It never came back. If I had my copy, I would be still flying her on my old computer, low resolution and all.Meekal
Nice to hear from you Meekal! I hope you are now well.I have flown every generation of flight sim since Pro Pilot but PP will always be my favorite.I still have my copies-even beta. Perhaps they will be worth something on ebay one day. :(

WhoooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooo!Hello Meekal!I am so pleased to see you have returned to the fold!I am just so tickled!I also see Geof A and of course Brother Luis found our new old home.All right, now the rest of you lot can come out of hiding. Well, everyone except Cooter and Penelope. You two stay in the double wide.Doc Bryant

Don't forget yours truly. I am here and lurking too! It is nice to see you all here!
If it weren't for you Tom, we would have no place to go.Meekal

Nice to hear from you Meekal! I hope you are now well.I have flown every generation of flight sim since Pro Pilot but PP will always be my favorite.I still have my copies-even beta. Perhaps they will be worth something on ebay one day. :(
Geofa ...................you still reading this forum? I don't.... :( L.Adamson --- HI!

Geofa ...................you still reading this forum? I don't.... :( L.Adamson --- HI!
What Larry is saying is that he has his RV-6 real airplane is flying now, and he only stops by here from time to time.I also have built and flown my Van's Aircraft RV-9A. I built it in my garage from October 2002 to April 2005. At that point it went to the airport for final assembly, with the first flight on June 9, 2005. The whole story is online at my web site www.n2prise.org showing construction, and then many pages of travels and other related experiences.Meekal, you have brought a bit of "home" back to this place. I am sure there is a way to get PP99 back on your computer.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TNRV-9A, N2PZ"Enterprise"

What Larry is saying is that he has his RV-6 real airplane is flying now, and he only stops by here from time to time.I also have built and flown my Van's Aircraft RV-9A. I built it in my garage from October 2002 to April 2005. At that point it went to the airport for final assembly, with the first flight on June 9, 2005. The whole story is online at my web site www.n2prise.org showing construction, and then many pages of travels and other related experiences.Meekal, you have brought a bit of "home" back to this place. I am sure there is a way to get PP99 back on your computer.
I was kidding a bit, on the reading of the forum, since I obviously had to read it.. :) The Meekal post caught my eye, since it's certainly been a while!But yes, the RV was still nine years from flying , and in pieces in my garage, when we had the great "Pro-Pilot social" at my house, way back in 1999. Pork, Lindy, and Casey were there.Pro-pilot was officially buried in my back yard along with a gravestone, because Pro-pilot 2000 wasn't going beyond the beta. :)And Jerry (and anyone who is interested). Two weeks ago, my wife and I took the RV for a trip to Lake Powell, Monument Valley, and Canyonlands, as well as skirting the Grand Canyon area at Lee's Ferry/ Marble Cyn. Excellent scenery!, and only a few hours away by air.L.Adamson

I was kidding a bit, on the reading of the forum, since I obviously had to read it.. :) The Meekal post caught my eye, since it's certainly been a while!But yes, the RV was still nine years from flying , and in pieces in my garage, when we had the great "Pro-Pilot social" at my house, way back in 1999. Pork, Lindy, and Casey were there.Pro-pilot was officially buried in my back yard along with a gravestone, because Pro-pilot 2000 wasn't going beyond the beta. :)And Jerry (and anyone who is interested). Two weeks ago, my wife and I took the RV for a trip to Lake Powell, Monument Valley, and Canyonlands, as well as skirting the Grand Canyon area at Lee's Ferry/ Marble Cyn. Excellent scenery!, and only a few hours away by air.L.Adamson
LA, I still remember your words of amazement in describing PP!! I recall a remark you made probably TEN years ago about looking back at the wing on take-off and how realistic it was! I am sure you have forgotten.Geoff, I remember a trip you made to Japan! Great picture, LA. How about some cockpit one's?Jerry, if you can think of a way I can get PP back on a computer, let me know!Like Geof, I have had just about every generation of sims since then (am into PMDG these days and contemplating Ariane), but there will always be a special place for PP in my heart. I think it has something to do with the fact that it was so heavily criticised and we defended it so valiantly (boy, there were some really bad-tempered exchanges here, to which, no doubt, I contributed!), but there was also an enormous amount of apprecitaion for what it pioneered -- the clouds which were breathtaking at the time, and the really brilliant cockpits even with the low resolution. The Moving Map was also quite unique. In many ways, PP was ahead of its time. I suppose another reason why PP has always lingered in my thoughts is that, with its demise, it broke my heart. And you never forget a broken heart. Meekal

LA, I still remember your words of amazement in describing PP!! I recall a remark you made probably TEN years ago about looking back at the wing on take-off and how realistic it was! I am sure you have forgotten.Geoff, I remember a trip you made to Japan! Great picture, LA. How about some cockpit one's?Jerry, if you can think of a way I can get PP back on a computer, let me know!Like Geof, I have had just about every generation of sims since then (am into PMDG these days and contemplating Ariane), but there will always be a special place for PP in my heart. I think it has something to do with the fact that it was so heavily criticised and we defended it so valiantly (boy, there were some really bad-tempered exchanges here, to which, no doubt, I contributed!), but there was also an enormous amount of apprecitaion for what it pioneered -- the clouds which were breathtaking at the time, and the really brilliant cockpits even with the low resolution. The Moving Map was also quite unique. In many ways, PP was ahead of its time. I suppose another reason why PP has always lingered in my thoughts is that, with its demise, it broke my heart. And you never forget a broken heart. Meekal
MeekalJapan was probably at least 10 years ago-making me feel old! I am glad though we are still around to talk of it.Those Pro Pilot days I consider the most exciting in simming-where true pioneer stunning improvements were coming.It is hard to believe the big complaint then was there were not taxiways at most airports!In any case-this new forum makes it a lot easier to stay in contact.

MeekalJapan was probably at least 10 years ago-making me feel old! I am glad though we are still around to talk of it.Those Pro Pilot days I consider the most exciting in simming-where true pioneer stunning improvements were coming.It is hard to believe the big complaint then was there were not taxiways at most airports!In any case-this new forum makes it a lot easier to stay in contact.
Geof, You have a great memory. I forgot about the taxiway thing!Meekal
OK........ Here's a few
As I was telling Jerry, I find it incredible how the two of you have actually built an aeroplane. It must taken an extraordinary amount of skill and dedication. Congratulations. As I was also telling Jerry, if either of you are in the eastern part of the US, I would be happy to drive a few hundred miles to see your aeroplanes. And a few hundred miles more if you take me up in one.Meekal

Larry,Now that I have seen your N-number, I want to ask just one thing. Is your RV-6A serial number really your Van's Builder number in the RV-6 kits? Did you really get the FIRST RV-6A kit sold by Van's Aircraft?

Larry,Now that I have seen your N-number, I want to ask just one thing. Is your RV-6A serial number really your Van's Builder number in the RV-6 kits? Did you really get the FIRST RV-6A kit sold by Van's Aircraft?
Jerry,I didn't use the Van's kit number. It's just my #001. The kit is actually #23550 which was quite a bit down the line. I was issued that number when I bought the plans in late '94 or early '95.Most of the kit was delivered in May of '96. There is a thread running on the VAF in the last week regarding 6's and kit numbers. Turns out my 12 years wasn't so long afterall! L.Adamson