Sign in to follow this  
Guest 787seattle

I Suppose Someone Could Help Me With Screenshots

Guest 787seattle

Since this is a screenshot thread, I figured someone could help me taking screenshots in FS9. Using my computer's default PrintScreen button and a freeware screenshot taker in the past, I found that when anti-aliasing is switched on during any flight, my screenshots end up just plain black and nothing else. When anti-aliasing is switched off (to conserve frames as my system isn't the greatest), the screenshot turns out fine but with the simulator created jaggies.Can anyone help? Is there supposed to be something else that I need switched on to be able to take screenshots with anti-aliasing?Thanks a bunch.787seattleForum mods: My apologies if this was the wrong forum to post this in. Please move it to the appropriate section if it's incorrect.

Can anyone help? Is there supposed to be something else that I need switched on to be able to take screenshots with anti-aliasing?
The mods will probably move this to the hardware or one of the MSFS forums. But I am familiar with this issue. When I had AA off in the sim and enabled for my card, I got the results you talked about. When I used the sim setting to control AA, no problem. Also, try switching to windowed mode or vise versa to snap a shot with AA on, in case that works. Normally the mods have asked us to only post to this forum if we have a screenshot as part of our post, which is why I suspect the thread will be moved. Regards,John

Guest 787seattle
When I had AA off in the sim and enabled for my card, I got the results you talked about. When I used the sim setting to control AA, no problem. Also, try switching to windowed mode or vise versa to snap a shot with AA on, in case that works.
Are you saying that I should or should not enable AA for my graphics card? If so, how would I change it?

Are you saying that I should or should not enable AA for my graphics card? If so, how would I change it?
I enable AA in the sim, not for my graphics card. However all cards are different, so you could have a setting that needs tweaking. The best place to ask further questions is in the hardware forum. My video card is many generations removed from what you probably have so there's little more I can offer. In the HW forum you'll probably see a richer set of responses, just be sure to tell them what type of video hardware you have.Regards,John