Sign in to follow this  

RealAir announce freeware C172 SP

Hello everyone,We are pleased to announce our Cessna 172 SP is now available at Avsim's library. This aircraft was specially commissioned by a prominent Melbourne Air Training Centre: the Kangan Batman Tafe, and is used by them for ab initio pilot training.This aircraft will spin and side slip. It is also smooth in pitch and can be used for cruise, pattern, IFR and VFR practice.This aircraft is free for anyone to use privately and for non-commercial purposes.We are also proud to announce a custom livery for the same Tafe training centre of our Marchetti SF260. Our SF260 is also used by the Tafe for advanced flying training, and the livery is free for existing purchasers of the SF260, available at our site now:www.realairsimulations.com (see FS2002 section).Kind Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

I don't know what else to say except a giant Thank You!!!

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest lawyerpilot

My advice to anyone wanting to become a RW pilot....get it..... :)P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -224 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Many, many THANKS,As this plane is what I mostly fly, I have been waiting anxiously for this file. I am looking now in the library.I have the Marchetti and am also awaiting your next payware release. Am hoping for another great GA craft, but even if it is a jet, you will have a sale. :)Edit: Found it, got it, also have the repaint, now of to FLY it :D

Guest Simicro

Hello,sincere thanks to all the RealAir team for this new aircraft. It gave me the taste to fly again in the C172 !Tony

Just back from flying the C172. A beautiful job in my opinion.It really will spin. And I just did a simulated engine out into KPWA Wiley Post as I had to do in real life about a month ago, in a C172K 1969 model. I came in at 3500MSL, (pattern altitude is 2300MSL), keeping my altitude until the last second, then slipped like crazy to get down. Worked in your C172SP just as it did in real life. If this plane was unable to slip, I never would have made it, although Wiley Post is a long runway :)Am waiting with bated breath for the Decathlon. Maybe the Scout, but the Decathlon for sure. :D

Thanks Rob.. great flight model!However, on the left side of the aircraft, the lettering is mirror imaged backward.. did I do something wrong during the install?BTW, I did have to do it twice, since the install routine only works if you extract the file contents using the "file-names" option..

Bert

HI Bert,Pretty much every aircraft addon with install routines needs winzip to be set for full folder paths enabled.Aha....so you didn't read the guide then! (which pops up immediately after you install).We put a note there about the reversed lettering on one side. This is why the default C172 doesn't have lettering: the textures in the default are mirrored instead of constructed individually, so unless we completely redesigned the mdl (beyond the scope of a free aircraft for us) we had to make do with the default texture mirroring.Kind Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

A great benefit from using default textures, at least for the VC is the frame rates. I use "Jerome, Idaho" as a test bed for FS2002 aircraft. The area is rather sparce which helps with fps, they re-build WWII aircraft of excellent quality at the real airport, and I was "born" down the road a few miles. But non-the-less, my frame rates were hitting as high as 55 fps which is very pleasing to the eyes as well as aircraft motion. L.Adamson

Rob, you are right.. I was keen to try out the aircraft.. next time, I'll read the instructions..Flies great though!!

Bert

Hi Rob your C172 SP is really really nice. Great job. Many thanks for making it freeware. It really flies superbly well.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

All I can say is a big thank you. Flies beautifully and spins/slips well also, it's nice to now have a good training aircraft.

Guest Iain Spowart

Hi Rob,Thanks for taking the time to make this file. The default C172 is one of my favourite aircraft in FS2002 and this file is a great improvement to it.Thanks also for the new livery for the SF260 - nice!Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Rockettes Dance Squad Official Web-Sitehttp://avsim.iainspowart.com/rockettes.gifhttp://www.scottishrockettes.comScottish Claymores Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.comMotorsport Photographyhttp://www.iainspowart.com

Guest Dominique

I've to cope right now with a lousy (for flightsim purpose at least) laptop but wanted to try your 172 anywsay. Absolutely stunning. I wouldn't comment too much on the flight model due to the inadequacy of my computer in terms of smoothness but it felt good. The sound package is terrific, Rob, the best I've found so far on any plane, from take off to the thud of the wheels landing on the runway. Great wind sound. Contributes nicely to the suspension of disbelief.Thank you for the gift, to you and your associates.Dominique