Sign in to follow this  
basa

Navaid (ils) Update And Pmdg

Good morning captains,One of the airports I often fly to-from is LIML (Milan Linate). I

The ILS freq used is found in the navdata file wpNavAPT.txt, and the definitions for reading the data is found in the PMDG OPs wiki section: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/NAVDATA_Data_DictionaryNote you will want to search the data for LIML. The search result should contain a record for each runway, and each runway record will include lat/lon location, length, bearing, frequency and course. If the Cycle 08132 data does not have the correct ILS frequency please notify Navigraph at their support forum. The correct method to update navdata is for the guys you are paying for this service to have current data. You are correct in that the MSFS navdata needs to be changed to match real world updates with scenery updates or AFCAD edits.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, all those numbers and letters in the navdata files seemed a hieroglyph, but now they appear more clear.I'll see it tonight at home.

Thanks Dan, all those numbers and letters in the navdata files seemed a hieroglyph, but now they appear more clear.I'll see it tonight at home.
Hi,If you have the latest cycle on nav datas it should be already updated. if not you can delete the LIML36 line and replace it with this one: MILAN LINATE LIML36 08012355 45.434306 9.278228109.5535500337Hope this help.Michael

Hope this help.
Yes it does, thanks to you too Michael.

Modified the frequency in the afcad and navdata (airport & navaid) files, and went for a test flight.Everything worked fine, now my 744 autotuned the new freq without any problem. Thanks again.