Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Which is the best Boeing 747-400 panel?

Hi everyone:I am sure that this question has been posted many times, so to those who are irritated by this....apologies. I would like to know which freeware panel is the best to use with the Project Opensky Boeing 747-400 version 3.As an ALTERNATIVE to the above (I would really like to try out both options!):I have bought the PSS 747 panel in the FS2000 days...it was good and in my opinion better than the default FS2K 747-400 panel. Can this be successfully merged with the POSKY 747-400? What are the most effective procedures to achieve this. To clarify...I would like to consider merging the PSS panel with the POSKY 747, rather than just introducing the FS2K POSKY 747-400 to the PSS 747 suite. I know this might soud like the same thing, but there might be differences. Whilst on the subject of the POSKY 747-400, are the flight dynamics of the POSKY Boeing 747-400 accurrate? If not...any suggestions on where a better air file may be obtained.Thank you to those who are taking the trouble to answer this question.

Guest ba747heavy

Hey --A freeware 744 panel, can't help you out, as all I have is the PSS 744 panel.To merge the POSKY 744 v3 and PSS, follow this link:http://forum.projectopensky.com/index.php?...&f=10&t=774&hl=Appears you will need to follow that post, and IIRC, you will need to change the number of fuel tanks in the POSKY bird to the same number of PSS tanks(3 I believe).

Guest RonB49

I like the panel designed by Jorge 'eko' Salas. the main panel is compact enough to give me a good view and the overhead and pedestal panels have enough bells and whistles to keep me busy. It is available here in the Avsim library. I use it with the default 747 but I believe that it was designed to work with the POSKY and MELJET models also. R-

Guest eko

Yes, my panel can be used with any 747. The code for the default Virtual Cockpit is in the panel, so if you use it with the default 747, you will have an "upgraded" virtual cockpit. If you use it with Meljet or Posky, the code is simply ignored, as those planes have no VC.A copy of the Manual that comes with the panel can be found here:http://www.lovett.org/jsp/pub/fs/b747doc/Have a look first before you download if you want. :-)