Sign in to follow this  
Guest ashwath

Pmdg 747x And Md 11x Localiser Problem

Guest ashwath

hi guys, hope u r able to help me out on this one. this problem happens to me only when flying the pmdg 747x or pmdg md11x and not any default msfs aircraft. the problem is that the localiser and runway centre line dont match at certain airports, e.g. Bali intl airport (WADD). when i fly an ils approach using the FMC, the FMC nav radio correctly picks up the localiser frequency and the purple localiser diamond aligns perfectly at the centre, but unfortunately as the runway comes into sight i find that the runway is not at all in the centre, it is off by atleast 5-10 degrees. i just dont understand this. the glide slope however works properly. i know how to use the ILS approach thoroughly, because i am able to land perfectly at every other airport, other than WADD and VOBG (Bangalore). these 2 airports show that the localiser is centered on my PFD, but the runway is not. PLEASE help guys.Thanks, Ashwath.

Ashwath,Cannot localize your problem for both mentioned airports as it is not showing same results overhere. (default FSX scenery)Checked VOBG on my system and see the Localizer Course lined up with the RWY HDG 268, same data as the Approach Map I found.WADD is another story. Can't find a Realword Approach document on this airport.However, looking at the FSX Map option, I see the Localizer has an 3 degree offset (RWY 266, LOC 263)The PMDG NavData have the RWY266 and LOC 266 aligned. As these data are compiled from RealWorld data bases, I take it that the scenery navdata in default FSX are not correct.So, if you use only the default scenery at WADD, then you will see a localizer offset. Not only in PMDG's products, but also in the default aircraft!Otherwise have a look into the add-on scenery you'r using at these airports.Hope it helps,Regards,Harry

Guest ashwath
Ashwath,Cannot localize your problem for both mentioned airports as it is not showing same results overhere. (default FSX scenery)Checked VOBG on my system and see the Localizer Course lined up with the RWY HDG 268, same data as the Approach Map I found.WADD is another story. Can't find a Realword Approach document on this airport.However, looking at the FSX Map option, I see the Localizer has an 3 degree offset (RWY 266, LOC 263)The PMDG NavData have the RWY266 and LOC 266 aligned. As these data are compiled from RealWorld data bases, I take it that the scenery navdata in default FSX are not correct.So, if you use only the default scenery at WADD, then you will see a localizer offset. Not only in PMDG's products, but also in the default aircraft!Otherwise have a look into the add-on scenery you'r using at these airports.Hope it helps,Regards,Harry
hi harry, thanks for the reply. i am using the default fsx scenery. this problem happens only with pmdg aircraft, as mentioned in my previous post. i generally use gps navigation with my default fsx aircraft and then when i'm on the final leg, i hit the APPR button to capture the localiser. it works perfectly, both the runway and localiser r centered. however, in a pmdg aircraft i load the ILS approach or STAR into the FMC and then hit APPR when i'm on the final leg. the localiser is captured and centered, but the runway not being centered baffles me. is there a way to enable gps navigation in pmdg anyway? i even tried manually tuning the ils frequency and course into the fmc with the default fsx data, but still the same problem. btw how do i update fsx data? and i think an offset of 3-5 degrees should not be a problem, because i've noticed this offset at many more airports but the localiser and runway r perfectly at the center. :( :( :( Ashwath.

Ashwath,A screenshot may help to identify your Localizer offset/align items, but do not use WADD for this.Another suggestion (if not already done):Please use the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool from this link:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library Might solve your problems.Hope it helps.Regards,Harry

Guest ashwath
Ashwath,A screenshot may help to identify your Localizer offset/align items, but do not use WADD for this.Another suggestion (if not already done):Please use the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool from this link:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library Might solve your problems.Hope it helps.Regards,Harry
hi harry, i will try the registry fix and see if it helps. i will get back with a screenshot of both a proper airport and wadd. y dont u try flying to wadd from warr in the pmdg. hehe. just suggesting.thx, ashwath.

Guest ashwath

hi, i finally found a solution to the problem. the problem actually lies in fsx itself. i used airport design editor software to load up WADD and saw that the localizer by default had been set off the runway. i then modified it and set it on the runway centre line and then updated by pmdg navdata to show the current localizer heading and every landing is perfect now. btw as far as VOBG is concerned i find that the runway and localizer have already been properly designed. may be i am not intercepting the localizer properly. :(