Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Fs9 Price-- Md-11

I am very intrested in purchasing the MD-11 for Flight Simulator 9, and I have a question. It is almost impossible for me to switch to FSX (like 95.5% of serious flight simulation users). We all know how demanding FSX is and there is currently no equiptment to move the simulation smoothly, it's simply not available. In fact I went to the giant US electronics Store in the US (where they can build the computer you want, if money is not a problem), and I tested a $6,000 computer they built for FSX. Well, I tested FSX (with no add-ons...just default scenry and airplanes), and guess what? The frame-rates were no where smooth-- very, poor. (Imagine $6,000 computer with the best hardware out there)Any ways, more over I have heavyly invested in high quality professional add-ons for FS9; I fly smoothly in impressive scenries, thus I cannot see leaving FS9 in the next 10 years, unless Microsoft comes out with a usable Simulator.Now, that I've explained why I'm eagerly waiting for FS 9 MD-ll from PMDG, I am wondering if the developers of this product are considering pricing the FS9 version only, and not as a combo-- like every other high quality product out there. Most serious simers don't need the FSX version, just the FS9 version.

I have $800 invested from newegg and run smooth in fsx with MD-11. I well sell pc to u for $5899. I will even throw in the MD-11 with it. Deal?Willy

Willy !I will pay you $5,999 if your computer can run FSX smoothly. And when I say smoothly I mean "smoothly"-- no hesitation in graphics...Like standing next to a runway and see an airplane pass by. I will even pay your plane ticket so you can come and show me. If it doesn't run smoothly you give me $5,999 x 2. If you can find me a computer that can do that let me know...and we'll even put our deal in writting.... deal ?Johnny

Now, that I've explained why I'm eagerly waiting for FS 9 MD-ll from PMDG, I am wondering if the developers of this product are considering pricing the FS9 version only, and not as a combo-- like every other high quality product out there. Most serious simers don't need the FSX version, just the FS9 version.[/size]
There will be an FS9 only version when it's available. The combo is just there for those that want both, you aren't going to be forced to purchase it.

Johnny,Please sign your full real name to your posts, PMDG forum rule you should have read before posting...There will be a standalone FS9 version, don't worry.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have $800 invested from newegg and run smooth in fsx with MD-11. I well sell pc to u for $5899. I will even throw in the MD-11 with it. Deal?Willy
I'd second that.It just sounds like the computer you tested was not set up correctly with the correct components. Price has nothing to do with capability in a particular area. It's still good for what it was built for, but the price doesn't mean it's built for good performance in all aspects.I can buy a Mack truck for $220,000 or a Ferarri for $220,000. The Mack's just as expensive, but it sure as hell won't win me any races.You just need to make sure you have the right components in your computer. One of my friends builds computers for people and quoted me a lot less than $6,000 to run FSX like a breeze.Cheers,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

I purchased the FSX model but plan on getting the FS9 version. Will I still get the combo price or will I pay a different price?ThanksRichie

Richie Walsh