Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Fs9 Not Fsx

It is almost impossible for me to switch to FSX (like 95.5% of serious flight simulation users). We all know how demanding FSX is and there is currentlyno equiptment to move the simulationsmoothly, it's simply not available. In fact I went to the giant US electronics Store in the US (where they can build the computer you want, if money is not a problem), and I tested a $6,000 computer they built for FSX. Well, I tested FSX (with no add-ons...just default scenry and airplanes), and guess what? The frame-rates were no where smooth-- very, poor. (Imagine $6,000 computer with the best hardware out there)Any ways, more over I have heavyly invested in high quality professional add-ons for FS9; I fly smoothly in impressive scenries, thus I cannot see leaving FS9 in the next 10 years, unless Microsoft comes out with a usable Simulator.Will there ever be equiptment that will make FSX run smoothly, or do you guys think we'll have to wait for Microsoft come out with a usable product ?

Will there ever be equiptment that will make FSX run smoothly, or do you guys think we'll have to wait for Microsoft come out with a usable product ?
Yes, there will.But it won't happen any faster even if you post almost the same text to three forums :(

Guest lgvpilot1

yes i am my ribs are killing me your post has given me the best laugh of the day :( Mark

Guest lgvpilot1

On a more serious note I do understand what you are saying about the investment into fs9Here is a flight I completed yesterdayLoad active sky.. paywareLoad cloud and sky textures with either instant enhancer or Fe 2004 Payware Start realtime Donationware Start at egll paywareland at eddp payware start aes payware Load overland 737 payware c/w reality xp jline gauges , isg smiths fmc, shockwave lightsfspassengers all payware start fdc live cockpit payware start........you can see where Im going I have a rediculous amount of payware aircraft and gauges , and the cost of replacing a lot of them to fly in FSX, well I dont even like adding up the cost of what I have listed above BUT it is that and that alone that holds me back from FSXI know my pc can handle it, its just that my wallet cant!!Mark

Hardware likely will catch up eventually. This has all happened before. For those around awhile who remember fs2000... :( FS2000 had tons of performance problems, but eventually hardware caught up and it was a decent sim until it was replaced by fs2002. Still, why do you need to upgrade to FSX? You're posting in the fs9 board, so many of us use both or only use fs9. I personally have not even bought FSX. I still use fs2004, still enjoy the hobby, etc. The fact that there is a newer option out there doesn't reduce my enjoyment in what I have in the least. I do think that the next version needs to run better than the previous versions. If not, staying a version behind or two until hardware gets cheaper is no problem.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Dakota

I have not been able to let FS2004 go and buy FSX, after all I have invested in it and I am still spening my money on add-ons for FS2004. I now have a syetem in which it runs really good. The thought starting over again with tweaks and buying add-ons over again just does not sit well with me. I think I will stick with FS2004 for a couple of more years at least and then see what FS11 has to offer. I guess i don't know what I am missing with FSX, but maybe that is good thing.