Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz88

Fsx Freezes! Please Help

Guest lorenz88

Hello everyone. I have just done an hard disk format. I reinstalled everything but now the problem is that when I fly my aircraft (whatever, PMDG MD11, ERJ 190, Fokker 100) the simulator freezes. This happes always during cruise, when I am almost ready to start descend. For example I open the CDU window to make some changes and it freezes, or, sometimes it freezes without any action by me. This behavior is vey frustrating but I do not know really what road take to solve the problem...any ideas? Maybe some settings in FSX or in FSUIPC? I don't think it's a ActiveSkyX problem...I have WinVista 32bitIntel Q6600 quadNvidia 8800 GTX4Gb RAMFSX SP2ActiveSkyXFSUIPC 4.30 registerdPMDG MD11ERJ 190FOKKER 70/100and just some freeware scenariesPlease, help to solve in a conventional way :), don't make me format againg...Thanks a lotBest RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Guest ashwath
Hello everyone. I have just done an hard disk format. I reinstalled everything but now the problem is that when I fly my aircraft (whatever, PMDG MD11, ERJ 190, Fokker 100) the simulator freezes. This happes always during cruise, when I am almost ready to start descend. For example I open the CDU window to make some changes and it freezes, or, sometimes it freezes without any action by me. This behavior is vey frustrating but I do not know really what road take to solve the problem...any ideas? Maybe some settings in FSX or in FSUIPC? I don't think it's a ActiveSkyX problem...I have WinVista 32bitIntel Q6600 quadNvidia 8800 GTX4Gb RAMFSX SP2ActiveSkyXFSUIPC 4.30 registerdPMDG MD11ERJ 190FOKKER 70/100and just some freeware scenariesPlease, help to solve in a conventional way :), don't make me format againg...Thanks a lotBest RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro
hi lorenzo, does this happen with all games or only fsx? if it happens with all games then its more likely ur video driver causing the problem. u might have to uninstall it, clean the registry using ccleaner and then run driver sweeper to remove all traces and then reinstall. if the problem is only with fsx then activeskyX might be the culprit. install a fresh copy of fsx with all the necessary service packs and do a flight with the default scenery first. then let me know if its freezing or not...fsx is a cpu intensive game, so there is a high possibility that if ur other games dont freeze but fsx is freezing, then it might be ur cpu (overclocked ones especially). other games do not tax the cpu as much as fsx.regards, ashwath.

Guest lorenz88

No, only FSX freezes. Other games not. I will try the way you have descripted and I will report back in this forum when done. What about full contro by the user, could be this the couse of a freeze?Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Guest ashwath
No, only FSX freezes. Other games not. I will try the way you have descripted and I will report back in this forum when done. What about full contro by the user, could be this the couse of a freeze?Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro
hi, u may wish to try and disable user account control in vista and try, but i dont think that might be a cause. P.S: my user account control is OFF, so i am not sure. if u have tweaked ur fsx.cfg file revert it back to the original.regards, ashwath.

Guest lorenz88

I have the user account control off, too. I have tried but the prob remais and I didn't edit the fsx.cfg file. Anyway made some other flights and here comes a more specific report: I can maintan my aircraft on the ground how long I want that FSX doen't freeze. I can taxi, I can set-up the aircraft, I can set the autopilot end so on...when I take off all is ok, then I clim to cruise altitude and now starts the problems. When the aircraft has acheived its cruise altitude happens that if I do not touch any button, knob, setting (for example even only going through the CDU pages to set-up descend) nothing happens and the flight continue wonderfully but if I touch something when the aircraft is in cruise FSX freezes instantly and there is no way to revert it or close it but act via task manager. Now...it is not over... (i discovered it only during this morning tests) if I leave FSX freezed for some time (2 or 3 minutes maybe) it returns operative as it always was!!! I do not really understand the reasons of this.... :( Any ideas? Thanks a lotBest RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro

Lorenzo,You're likely seeing an out of memory error that just doesn't pop up a message telling you that's what happened. See if you can install 64 bit Vista, that should help. (your 32bit key will work with the 64 bit disc/ISO image)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ashwath
Lorenzo,You're likely seeing an out of memory error that just doesn't pop up a message telling you that's what happened. See if you can install 64 bit Vista, that should help. (your 32bit key will work with the 64 bit disc/ISO image)
hi, as the previous person mentioned, if it is a problem due to out of memory (msg not popping up), simply reduce the level of detail slider in fsx scenery settings to something like small or medium. trying reducing ur graphics settings if possible. if none of these solutions work out then its definitely ur video driver, because this issue happened to me in many games, and reinstalling the video driver in the right manner helped me.regards, ashwath.

Guest lorenz88

Thank you very much! Your help is very appreciated. I will try to reduce details in FSX (now it's all to maximum level), then, if I can't solve I will try to re-install drivers in a right way.Thanks a lot again.Lorenzo Chiovaro

Thank you very much! Your help is very appreciated. I will try to reduce details in FSX (now it's all to maximum level), then, if I can't solve I will try to re-install drivers in a right way.Thanks a lot again.Lorenzo Chiovaro
You might also try the FS9/FSX registry repair tool available free from Flight 1, check their website for the file.Also,try to reduce any background applications or processes.Check task manager for CPU performance,while not running FSX.Ron

Ron Service

Guest lorenz88

Thank you for this information. I didn't know about this tool. Anyway, when I play FSX all background applications not essentials (obviously) are shout down. I have never had problems like this before (I have always used this PC that was bought to play FSX only :-)). I will monitor CPU performances and I will report back to this forum.Thank you again for your great patience and knowledge.Best RegardsLorenzo Chiovaro