Sign in to follow this  

Fs2002 Scenery

Hi i have fs2002 and now all of a sudden my scenery on the map with the waypoints and airports is missing in northern Texas and southern part of oklahoma is there a fix for this problem or do i need to reinstall my fs2002?thanks...

I have the same problem too. If anyone can help, I would apriciate it.

Download and install either afcad140.zip or scanbglsV2.zip and use the BGL Scan program to scan for corrupted scenery files.If using WinXP and you recently updated to SP1, right click your FS2002 Icon, compatibility tab, and ensure compatibility mode is deselected.

Thanks for the help. Did all of that, and the area is still gone. It's quite strange. I have a feeling some add on I have did it, but it's hard to tell. Almost like something is excluding a huge area of the scenery, but nothing in the scenery config that shows that. If anyone else can help, would be appriciated.

Well, if it is third party scenery, then try disabling all the addons in the Scenery directory. If that doesn't help, locate all the addon and move their folders to a safe place on your hardrive and check again. Its going to be a process of elimination.

Jay,Another problem you may be experiencing could be related to rather you have AFCAD or TTools installed or not. There are a small percentage of AFCAD-TTool users that have some sort of conflict that will eliminate all airport starting points, etc. from your "Go to Airport" menu and from the default map, at least from specific areas or files if you attempt to install even one single AFCAD add-on. I am one of those people and currently I have lost all airports in Brazil, North Texas-Southern OK, a good portion of Germany, among others. The only way I know of to correct it is to reinstall FS2002 and DO NOT install either AFCAD or TTools and you should never run into the problem, but be careful, sometimes a scenery add-on will automatically install an AFCAD file and there you go again! (that's what has happened to me).Bear!

Hello Jay!I have had similar issues in the past, where my scenery and textures go out the window and in every case, the culprit has been a landclass or terrain file that conflicts with other landlaclass and terrain files I had installed for the same area. Try disabling all of your landclass, terrain mesh files, and any Texas sceneries you might have and then try installing them back one by one until you hit the one causing you the heart burn. I know this process is a real "pain in the rear", especially if you have a lot of sceneries intalled, but it's the only method that has worked for me. It beats re-installing FS2002 and all the other crap.Hope this helps!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Thanks everyone for your help. I do believe that it is the afcad files, for the simple reason that I no longer have any add on scenery files, and I have never installed any new landclasses. So I bet that afacd destroyed the starting points excalty and the previous post said, north texas and southern OK. I will try to manually place and aircraft and see if the scenery is there. If so i guess that I will have to reinstall fs2002 to fix it. thanks again for your help.

The file would appear to be usscaf09.bgl? May be worth tkaing a look at it in adftree and see if there are any obvious errors.scott s..

well, that file appears to be missing. I guess that could be a problem. Where on the install cd's can I find this file to replace it. thanks again for your help.

No need to reply. I found the files hidden on the fs2002 cd1 under the fs2002.cab file. Everything is better now. Thanks again everybody for your help.