Sign in to follow this  

NVIDA DRIVERS

Has anyone tried the new 43.45 driver for nvida cards? Has anyone found a better driver than the 29.42?

Loaded them up today and tried them with the PSS Dash 9. No change in frame rates, image quality was good, noticed a slight lag in reloading 2D panels on occasion. I was using 40.72. I am currently running a P4 2.53 Ghz, 512 MB Rdram, Abit GF4 TI 4600, Win XP Home w/SP1, DirectX 9.0.No crashes or lockups in FS2002 or other programs so far.Dale

Unstable on my old system!The 43.00's don't seem to be as bad though.Love the way the colors show!!On the 43.00"s.Had to revert to 30.82"s Steve

Been using them for a couple of days now. The graphics seem sharper and come alive, compared to any other driver I used so far.I haven't used the 29.42 for a long time. Can't see going back 2+ generations of drivers, just because some people think they are better. I found that my GF4-4800SE works best with the 42.xx and up drivers!Pete S. ==Near Oklahoma City==

The 4345 work really well on my system a HP P4 with WinXP Home.These drivers work well with the E-Dimensional 3D glasses using the Russian 40xxwrapped 3087 Stero Drivers as well. In fact the 4335 work with these Stero Drivers better than any other drivers I have found. If you use the 3D glasses be sure and run the E-D Activator in PageFlipped mode with Stero On/Resync clicked.

Can you tell me where to find the Russian 40xxwrapped 3087 Stereo Drivers? Do you use the "wireless" E-Dimensional 3D glasses? And you find the E-D Activator worth using? I've got the wireless glasses, but so far have been disappointed with them. It may be me, but I just haven't been able to get them working to where I've been impressed with the 3D performance. I've been using the 3082 drivers and stereo drivers from the E-Dimensional site, but intend to install the 4345 drivers and was wondering which stereo drivers might work with them. I've got a P4 with WinXP Pro. Thanks for any advice!rrk8

I loaded up the new 43.45 drivers on my P4/1.7 system with nVidia 4200Ti card. They are working very well. Can't say the performance is better than other 42XX drivers, but the quality is really good. They do seem to work better than the older 29.42 which was my old standby.I do not get any of the slower drawbacks on 2D panel changes that I did get other 42XX drivers. I set the AF at 8X and I am running 1280/1024/32 res at 85hz at the system is doing really good.I think this driver may become a benchmark for quality and performance.Bob

Hello,I have tried the new 43.45 drivers but took a frame rate loss of about 3-4 FPS . Went back to my good old 30.82 drivers. So far nothing can beat them.MSI K7T 266 Pro moboAthlon T-Bird 1700+ CPUCreative GF 4 Ti 4200 VGA512 M DDR RAMWin XP Pro

Guest Matthew Murray

Bl**dy waste of time...locked up my system straight after boot into windows...and even when I did get in the screen woudl flicker like h*ll and wouldn't draw correctly. I am really disapointed...running DX9 too grr...back to 30.82's

Anyone try them on an "older" sys yet? Like aAMD 1.3 ghzGeForce 2 400MX 64 meg512 DDRAMThanks!Ken

Guest N247BK

Of course, everyone's system is configured differently, but I have seen different video performance numbers when I put two identical computers side-by-side (I have all the numbers if interested).That included FS2002 frame rates, Quake 3: Arena, and 3DMark 2001SE Pro.But, one thing, although subjective, was true (at least as voiced independently be several assessors): Frame Rate was less a factor, regarding the "experience" in Flight Sim 2002, than color and texture rendering. I have my gaming computer equipped with a P4-1.8A (400mhz FSB)and GeForce 3-Ti200 and the new 43.45 NVIDIA driver. The experience is as "whole" as on my son's Athlon XP 2400+ (2GHz) and ATi Radeon 9700. In both cases, the flight variables were as real as we should expect from a $75 product (USD)... and we thought the colors and textures were very good from both (I seem to have misplaced the driver description for the Radeon).I have seen with my own eyes, however, a dramatically better FS World on a P4-3.06/w 533mhz FSB and GeForce 4 Ti-4600.It appears the CPU and System Bus Speeds were the key ingredients.

Okay here is a link for the 4303 Stero Drivers that have just been released. I have been using the Russian,"wrapped", drivers, which work well with the newest 4345 drivers, and have just noticed that the newest nVidia drivers have just been uploaded for download at E-Dimensional website. Here is the link. http://www.edimensional.com/software_updates.htmlIf these things doen't work, you can get the Russian drivers, from here: http://download.guru3d.com/The Russian drivers are a 20Meg plus download, as they give you some pretty cool Stero pictures of Russian and European general aviation planes which can be viewed using the Stero Viewer.After upgrading to XP from WinMe I have had to use the 40xx series drivers with the Russian wrapped 40xx Stero drivers and the E-D Activator to get my wireless glasses to work. I have found that the 4345 drivers work better than anything else to date for Stero. I haven't tried the newest 4303 Stero Drivers yet, I have just downloaded them, but am off now to give them a try. The Activator and all the newest drivers may be downloaded from the above link, at E-Dimensional website.Be sure and read the FAQ page, click it at the top from any page you are on. The FAQ page gives some real hints, tips, and tricks to try to get your glasses to work. There is a learning curve to using these glasses, as there is in about any computer related product, but I can assure you once you get the feel of real 3D, you will be hooked. The immersive quality has to be seen to be believed.

Guest Tony_A

I'm using:Pentium III - 800ghzGeForce 2 MX/MX400256 mg RAMHasn't affected frame rate but I'm having a problem with jaggies. Can't seem to get anti-aliasing to work at at all???????????

Guest mberg

Went back to 41.09 on my winxp OS, gforce 440 mx. Too slow on changing views in 2D.

Guest ScottPilot

I'll stick with the 30.82's. They are still the best on my system.Very Smooth....PIII 1GHZ 512M SDRAMNividia GF4 CardScott :-)