Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest meekal

Your Welcome Is Appreciated

Guys, Thanks so much for being so welcoming. It is a nice feeling.I never did go away completely. No matter where I was, in what part of the world, or how well I was, or preoccupied, there was always time for Avsim, the most outstanding site for flight simulation, to read the latest news. I also never forgot to stop by here, even if briefly, being my old haunt and seeing familiar names.I am sure it must have been said, but we owe a huge debt of gratitude to Tom for allowing us to have this space to meet like old times. With PP gone so many years ago, anyone else would have asked all of us to "move on", as you guys are so fond of saying all the time. So, Tom, I thank you, all the more so because when I heard you were changing the Forums around, I was sure we would get "bumped".Like you guys I have been especially worried about Scott who, if I recall correctly, was in the National Guard, and may have had to go to Iraq. I hope he is well.Once more, it is great to be back. And Doc, I still remember the Cobb Salad you ordered for lunch in the IMF dining Room! Maybe you will recall the year. I don't.Meekal

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Meekal,I do remember the Cobb salad. Your hospitality during my visit to the IMF was exceptional and is still fondly remembered. I wonder how many people can say as I can that I have dined on Cobb salad at the Brown Derby in Beverly Hills, California and the private dining room of the IMF in Washington, DC?Sadly, I must admit to recently giving away my computer that was set up for Pro Pilot 99. I might still have the software around here, but it would be an incredible hunt to find it.And I believe our lunch was Friday August 15, 2003.Doc Bryant