Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Hows The Aerosoft Twin Otter?

Any opinions on the Aerosoft Twotter?I am a GA flyer and I pretty much like to go anywhere, snow, lakes, hard surfaces etc. How is the performance with the twotter? My specs are in my sig...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's a great performer and a great add-on. Also runs great in FSX.The only issue I have is the rather odd placement in the VC when using TrackIR, but I could adjust this I'm sure.Well worth the $$, and a little change of pace fror us GA guys.

The performance and the model are both excellent. You cannot go wrong with this addon. The only disappointment I had was in waiting so long for the FSX version of the Twin Otter to be released.

Guest pv652

Just in case you didn't do yet, I reccomend you to check out the beautiful review in the proper section of this site :( It's about the twin otter IN the Lukla scenery, just a perfect match ;)Sorry I cant link it since I'm writing by my mobile phone.Have fun!Pier

Any opinions on the Aerosoft Twotter?I am a GA flyer and I pretty much like to go anywhere, snow, lakes, hard surfaces etc. How is the performance with the twotter? My specs are in my sig...
As always Aerosoft makes much advertising, it is OK, but no great deal......many others of equal performance on freeware.Buy something else....

Ahhh, another opinion? What is merely ok about it? I have most of the good freeware lol! What freeware is similar to it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

As always Aerosoft makes much advertising, it is OK, but no great deal......many others of equal performance on freeware.Buy something else....
I disagree. The Aerosoft Twotter is a lot of fun to fly, though it is pretty straight forward to operate. It will go just about anywhere -- as a previous poster pointed out, it's perfect with the Lukla scenery. I also suggest getting the FlyTampa St. Maarten (full, not just the airport), and do some round-robin flights between St. Maarten, St. Barts, and Saba. That'll test your skill!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I should say I first became interested in this product after watching a few videos of the Maldivian Air Taxi guys near Male. What a nice place to fly! (unless there's a Tsunami) :(And the Twotter is a niche plane I don't really have. I have the RA Scout, which is great, but it is slow. And we dont have the Amphibious caravan anymore either. The default goose is alright I guess, but I think the twotter is a turbo prop correct? (Maybe a tad faster?)Oh, I forgot to ask, how is the payment with AS? do they take credit cards? How is their customer service? Can you return something like Flight 1 (best wrapper system out there)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I thought about getting the twotter, but saw there was no amphib version and also read that they didn't model the nose in VC mode, which kills the immersion for me when using track IR. From what I have read it's a nice addon, but on the basic side and Aerosoft doesn't do the refund deal like Flight1, but they have great support.

Best, Michael

KDFW

One thing for me at least that sets Aerosoft's Twotter above freeware offerings is the Bendix King KLN-90B. :(

Ryan,Yes, Aerosoft will take credit cards and Paypal. The Twin Otter is a turbo prop, but unpressurized and not terribly fast. It is DEFINITELY a STOL aircraft, though.Michael,There absolutely is a float version of the Aerosoft Twotter! The base DHC-6 release comes with five models (DHC-6-100 wheel, ski, and float; DHC-6-300 wheel and ski). There's a mission pack that's very, very well done (complete flights, too), that also features additional liveries.The aircraft may be a simple one, but the Aerosoft offering is absolutely stunning.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest PPSFA

I have it, I love it, 'nough said' :-)

There absolutely is a float version of the Aerosoft Twotter!
Thanks Kurt, but float and amphibian are totally different, but appreciate the info.

Best, Michael

KDFW