Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tozzifan

Real Environment Xtreme (!)

Guest Tozzifan

hello,I've interrupted flying with FSX since a few monthsI had been flying FSX with:SP2 ACCActiveSkyX SP3XgraphicsUltimateTerrainXFlightEnvironmentXGroundEnvironmentXis it REX worth the expence, considering my FSX addons installation?will it interfere with those addons?thanks

Guest JimC1702

I have REX installed and, so far, I'm happy with my purchase. I had FEX (still do), but the screenshots of REX and the weather generator put me over the top. But since you already have X-graphics and ActiveSky and FEX, it may not be worth the expense to you. There has been a certain "frustration factor" for a lot of people buying REX as well.Jim

Guest Tozzifan

being short of available time, frustration factor is ... a factor :( , yet static screenshots depict clouds a little more realistic compared to ASX

hello,I've interrupted flying with FSX since a few monthsI had been flying FSX with:SP2 ACCActiveSkyX SP3XgraphicsUltimateTerrainXFlightEnvironmentXGroundEnvironmentXis it REX worth the expence, considering my FSX addons installation?will it interfere with those addons?thanks
Bought it yesterday, tried maybe 50 flights, REX crashes FSX everytime. Seems like it was released way to early. And this is on a new install of FSX with no addons, refund time for me, and i will never buy anything there again.

Guest Tozzifan

maybe I have to spend a couple of words in defence of REXI didn't resist :) and I bought it ... it installed flawlessly, it's working with all my addons, having followed all REX forum suggestionsthere have been a few REX/FSX crashes, that in my system sometimes happen when I try to fly more than two flights in the same FSX session, regardless of REXBTW too soon to say how it behaves, compared overall to FEX / ASX+XG ... on first look clouds look like better than ever

I guess REX was too much of a hype and therefore lots of people are dissapointed with the final result as it is not a miracle like we hoped it would be. I guess all the environment addons are bound by the FSX SDK too much and we have to wait until FS11 for hopefully a much better environment.

Guest Tozzifan

:( honestly I'd prefer that FS11 will wait a while to be on the market...I'd like some time to enjoy all the addons I've purchased, without thinking to have to buy everything or so againas for everything in life, REX looks to be nice, providing to accept that - like everything in life - isn't perfect (nonetheless the team looks like it's working to improve it)

:( honestly I'd prefer that FS11 will wait a while to be on the market...I'd like some time to enjoy all the addons I've purchased, without thinking to have to buy everything or so againas for everything in life, REX looks to be nice, providing to accept that - like everything in life - isn't perfect (nonetheless the team looks like it's working to improve it)
FS11 will probably be around Christmas 2010 so you have some time to play. I agree about REX - way too much hype compared to what the program delivers but the developers are working very hard to make changes. In application, the textures are no better than FEX, IMHO. Haven't determined a comparable frame rate hit between the two but at first glance they look about the same. I'd say that if you don't have FEX, then buy REX. If you have FEX then it's your call whether the very basic flight planner and a so-so weather engine are worth it. If you have FEX and ASX, then I see no reason to purchase the product other than curiosity. However, I am waiting for the service pack they are working on. I think that, as it matures, REX will be a fine product. Just wished they held down the hype initially tho. :)Just MHO,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

also i have it all ! ASX, ASA, FEX, REX, FS_Meteo also ! (reg. versions, and some many other addons) !If you have FEX and ASX (ASA) you dont need to spend your money for REX, actually. REX have very nice textures (water is amazing) and it

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

I purchased FEX yesterday and am quite happy with the easy to use interface and the fantastic atmosphere it provides!!! Well worth the $ for the boost in flying immersion./Patrick/