Sign in to follow this  
Guest dr.vette

Pmdg Md-!

Guest dr.vette

Hi at all!In the tutorial you guys mentioned to set the Flaps to 22

The MD11 flaps first stop can be adjusted to any (whole digit) value between about 12-24 degrees (I don't have the exact numbers with me). We don't have the performance tables used to pick optimum values, and some companies use the same value every flight, which varies from 18-22 degrees.I use the FMC to calculate my fuel requirements. After I select a candidate cruise altitude and enter the full route and average winds, then go to Init page 2 and adjust the fuel on board with the PMDG menu up and down until I have a satisfactory solution. On most flights, I am looking for 45 min reserve after all other allowances. There's variations on this method, but we don't have fuel consumption tables.Reference maps? As in navigation in general or for the tutorial or reference tables for the aircraft? There are no navigations charts provided with the tutorial, but you can use resources on the internet to find most of them.Your English spelling is not a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest dr.vette

Hi Dan!Tanks a lot for your answer. I'll try your tip with the FMS.Have a nice day :-)J