Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

Just Want One Military Fighter......suggestions?

Guest melevine

Been flying FS for about 20 years......have a dynamite setup....decided to stay with FS2004 because I've added all the bells and whistles over the years that make the visuals great....plus I have lots of GoFlight modules, Tracker IR...running Triplehead2go on 3 21" monitors...CH yoke, throttles and pedals. I primarily enjoy flying by the book and have now limited my planes to four: Carenado Cessna 182Q; Flight 1 Pilatus PC12; PMDG 1900C and Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X. This variety gives me "low,slow and near in a single piston, a single turboprop, a twin turboprop and a twin turbofan for "high and fast and far." I have tried several of the big multi-engine jetliners but don't really enjoy them much anymore. What I want to add now is a military fighter that I can get into and rip..soar and dive and just have a ball in and enjoy the beautiful scenery that my setup allows me to do.What would you suggest if I were only to get one miltary jet of these? It can be freeware or payware. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. :( Thanks in advance,Mike

Dont fly many fast movers myself but this one is supposed to be good http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=129389also Alphasim have released a lot of stuff as freeware you should check out the file libraryMark
That plane is definitely the one of the best freeware out there, there's also the aerosoft F16 which is payware http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/ibosh...i?showd,,D10849 and like Mark mentioned alphasim has a bunch of jets http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Been flying FS for about 20 years......have a dynamite setup....decided to stay with FS2004 because I've added all the bells and whistles over the years that make the visuals great....plus I have lots of GoFlight modules, Tracker IR...running Triplehead2go on 3 21" monitors...CH yoke, throttles and pedals. I primarily enjoy flying by the book and have now limited my planes to four: Carenado Cessna 182Q; Flight 1 Pilatus PC12; PMDG 1900C and Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X. This variety gives me "low,slow and near in a single piston, a single turboprop, a twin turboprop and a twin turbofan for "high and fast and far." I have tried several of the big multi-engine jetliners but don't really enjoy them much anymore. What I want to add now is a military fighter that I can get into and rip..soar and dive and just have a ball in and enjoy the beautiful scenery that my setup allows me to do.What would you suggest if I were only to get one miltary jet of these? It can be freeware or payware. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. :( Thanks in advance,Mike
Take the time to audition this exceptional aircraft:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchIt is the North-American F-86E/F 'slatted-wing' SabreAs good or better than any payware aircraft in my humble opinion.

Look for both of these in the Avsim library, a new Mitsubishi F16 variant called the F2 and an F/A18 in RAAF schemes. Both are visually stunning and fly fast.raaf-f18.zipf-2a_dko.zipKim

That plane is definitely the one of the best freeware out there, there's also the aerosoft F16 which is payware http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/ibosh...i?showd,,D10849 and like Mark mentioned alphasim has a bunch of jets http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html
The F16 is unfortunately only for FSX, but the Aerosoft Tiger is another good choice, and comes with a great panel/exterior.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Phantom from Cloud 9 yet. It's definitely worth a look, and it's a classic airframe after all.

Guest melevine

To all that replied thus far: Thanks....I just got back on line and found your suggestions (I plan to check them out in a bit)........I welcome additional ones from others too.Mike

The F16 is unfortunately only for FSX, but the Aerosoft Tiger is another good choice, and comes with a great panel/exterior.
Hi Chevy......just noticed your photo.......are you planning any new films soon? :-)

Opps sorry about that guys well that sucks its only for fsx. :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

typhoon_11.zip with typhoon_effects.zipf14bfs9a.zipf15j3044.zip with f15c674.zip updatefx_viper.zip with ab_f16_.zip afterburner filefa18e231.zip with shmach18.zip mach update patchf102_856.zipThe MAAM RD4 and B25 are hard to beat if you are into old time twin engine Military aircraft IMHO.If you are into a bit of personal panel editing as well as being able to add AB and Mach sounds these may be worth a bit of consideration. Check the libraries for the latest versions.Good luck:RTH

Guest cuizinier

I haven't that much experience in jet fighters but my choice so far would be the freeware F-86 Sabre : visually appealing, lots of systems modelled, nice on framerate and VC gauges have a very good refresh rate. I am also looking forward the F/A 18 superbug made by vertical reality simulations. It is not released yet but the project look very promising. Check it out here : http://vrsimulations.comJulien

Falcon 4.0 Allied Force - Very exciting flying in 2 theaters, the Balkins and Korea. F-16 Fighting Falcon.Cockpit graphics are very real and workable. Flies like a real F-16, best fighter sim ever.Many systems and weapon loads, be ready to read and study, steep learning curve. Not for the casual flyer or faint at heart but well worth the effort if you are willing to put in the time.When I need to take a breath I go back to my slow-go planes in MS Flight.A big improvement over the original 1998 sim which also had a big following of pilots.f16400.jpghudandpanel400.jpgthepit400.jpg