Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

What Was Your Last Flight?

Did a leg of our VAs around the world trip opkc-vabb real time and weather m/p fight.Later a vatsim flight ebbr-eidw. pic767.

Guest RiddlePilot

United 850 from O'Hare (Wilco Airport 2002) to Dulles (Simflyers) in the PSS A320 on VATSIM at the tail end of the UK pilots flight. Nice weather in Dulles by the way. 2 1/2 SM vis, broken at 600, and snow and mist (8-| .

On Sunday night I flew from Darrington Mun. to KSEA through some very interesting weather (Real Weather). With a heavy headwinds the flight took me over an hour rather than the 20-40 minute flight it usually would be.Nonetheless it was a spectacular flight. The Plane I used was the new C-172 from RealAir Sim. Super plane, super FDE, Super Paint Job. Like I told Rob I could almost smell the inside of the plane it was so awesome!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssigsmall.jpg "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

I just finished flying from London Stansted (STN/EGSS) to Malmo - Sturup, Sweden (MMX-ESMS) I flew the FFX 737-200 in Ryanair colors (painted by Emilio Berkenwald)Yesterday I flew from Long Island New York (ISP-KISP) to Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ-MKJS) I flew that route using Rick Sasala's Gulfstream 4 v4

PAFA to PABA Fairbanks AK to Barrow, AK, IFR in a C-130, using FS Navigator.Hauptmann

Recreated my recent real-world Continental flight from KIAH to KSEA in the IFDG 757 w/ Continental livery (of course), and Lonny Payne's panel. Used Real Weather, real time, and FSNav. Took about 3h 40m (Okay, so I cut some grass while flying, :D)I have to say, with the scattered clouds in various layers at sunset, Mt. Ranier looked spectacular! Unfortunately, the real flight was overcast, and I was on the opposite side of the plane from the mountain.JonKATL

Guest RONVKING

Hi,Took a Lockheed L1049 for a test flight, departed Gatwick, couple of touch and go's there followed by a low level cross country to Fairford. Did'nt see any B-52's though.Rgds Ron(It was a first flight as I wanted to check out the new connie cockpit I had found. Connie was in TWA markings)

Guest freequest

I flew with the RealAir cessna from AYBR to AYTR in papua new guniea*Stated off in over cadste weather and leanding in the most horrendes thunder storms yesterday Thursday.(well seccond attempt i lended the first i over stressed the plane while on the phone the stomrs were very very bad..)last Real Weather

Last night, in real time with RC3, FS Meteo and FDC. flew from El Paso to Tuscon in a PSS A319 America West.Crossed the top of some major hills/ridges east and northeast of Tuscon ... missed by maybe 800 feet ... hahahaha .. GPWS screaming. Very nice scenery, clear in Tuscon at sunset.This was leg 29 of my "around the US" flight ... starting at Norwood (Mass) Muni on 2/6 and parking in Tuscon last evening. Have visited many east coast Airports down to Key West. Travelled 4774 miles on this trip so far, mostly with the Meridian, some in the Cheyenne, Golden Eagle, Cardinal and a few in the Falcon 50.

Nice postMy last flight was a series of circuits in the FFX 737-200 Southwest at KLAS, real weather (fine though), in order to do some tuning of lashed up DFleet panel with FFX 737 and Dan Careri`s sounds. Tweaking the wing views to use the active wings is a labour of love - the Mrs thinks I`m nuts!Then took the REALAIR SF-260 cross country from Manston in Kent to Bristol (my old home town) via Lydd, Shoreham, Middle Wallop, Lyneham then Bristol. Following the UK ONC chart visually the whole way.All real WX, real time. I love the Sf-260, though it will be nice when my pedals turn up as I am starting to get fed up with the twist rudder axis on my Sidewinder joystick!I have also done a few flights recently with a couple of guys who hunt the nastiest weather in the US and fly into it. Been using the C421 as it is the only plane I can manually fly IFR for long periods without getting overloaded..Look for them on Tradeip. You know who you are, good on ya`s!CheersRottenlungs

HiGdansk to Warszawa Okecie in Samdim's AN24B with the nice new panel from flightsim.ru in LOT colours (from avsim.ru). Using WxRE offline.Nice plane but a bu---- to trim........still haven't figured out the altitude hold on the autopilot. Flew the whole journey by hand and realised that it's more fun flying than programming!!!Nice thread!!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I am thinking of building a hub for my VA at KCLM in Washington. My partner and I loaded up our newly repainted Cessna 421s in our VA colors today and did a little scouting around the area, Awesome scenery in that area, flew for about 3 hours, loads of fun! To bad you can't have AI in MP, I have a ton of them at KSEA, would have added so much to our flight.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Maul

Back again for another post!Made 3 flights in the past week. A quick hop from Baton Rouge to Atlanta, then on to Richmond, VA and a connecting flight to La Guardia; all for Delta Virtual Airlines. I wanna get back to Fort Lauderdale because of the great scenery but I gotta get checked out in the 757 to hit up a direct flight from La Guardia. Ahh, the things we do to get to the places we want...Eric

After first reading this thread, I realized that I hadn't done a full takeoff to landing flight in months! I mainly open the sim to test a new scenery project or do a quick test flight in a freshly downloaded plane, then get distracted or called away before I can fly a proper flight. So after getting Lago's fabulous F-16 Falcon, I decided to combine all the above and try out the new KFLL (Ft. Lauderdale) scenery with the Falcon. Flew Ft. Lauderdale - Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. What a great plane! I'll probably be flying it a lot when I need to cover a lot of ground in a short time. 'Course, that will also mean mastering mid-air refueling, something that's eluded me so far.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit