Sign in to follow this  

not seeing AI Traffic

I recently added some third party software, and now no longer see the AI Traffic. Any help would be great.

>I recently added some third party software, and now no >longer see the AI Traffic. Any help would be great. Look in the /aircraft folder and make sure you still have these files:default.dpdefault.CDPairlines.cfgIf they are missing, restore them from your FS2k2 CD#1, and then mark them read only! to prevent 'accidental erasure' again... :)The FAQ file here:http://209.15.180.153/MSFS/faq.htmwill answer this and a host of other questions!

Hello Bill, sorry but I can't find a way to "restore" the missing default.dp, default.CDP or airline.cfg files into the FS2002/aircraft folder. Please confirm that these files should be in the main "FS2002/aircraft" folder (I even looked in the individual aircraft files just to be sure that I was understanding your answer.) Unable to get any individual files from the MS FS2002 Flight Sim disc 1, either ( all it will do is start FS or give a choice to uninstall .) I have spent about 1.5 hours searching the FAQ links that you included in your answer and can't find anything about restoring lost AI aircraft. The three files that you mentioned ARE MISSING from my "FS2002/aircraft" folder. Many thanks for your kind answer to the above question ( the original question from "coach" ) and I hope that you might be able to get me pointed in the right direction to restore the missing files. Again, many thanks, Bill T.

Maybe your ATC slider is standing on 0%. Move it to the right to about 50%-100% and check if you AI aircrafts appear.Hope this will helps.Cees

Nope, it's at 100%. Has been for some time.

If you don't have default.dp in your fs2002aircraft folder then extract it from your fs2002 CDs using an unzipping program. Search the *.cab files for default.dp, extract and place in the folder noted.Default.cdp will be generated by fs2002 when you have default.dp installed. You may also search for airlines.cfg on your fs2002 CD or download a copy of dig2tips.zip and fs2k2atcv2.zip from AVSIM library.Lastly, you can make a dummy text file with Notepad and save it in the fs2002aircraft folder as airlines.cfg.

Those three files added back into the main aircraft folder did the trick, many thanks for the info. I took the 'easy way out' by having a buddy send them to me and I just inserted them into the main aircraft folder. Thanks again, Bill T., Cameron Park, California.