Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Replacement Altimeter

I need a little help. I am not a panel designer, but need to replace the rp-733alt.gau file in my (FS9 or earlier) Rockwell Turbo Commander (one of my favorites) which is no longer supported in FS9. Everything else works fine. I tried replacing the gauge in the panel.cfg file with one that displays OK, but shows 0 altitude. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good gauge to replace this one with ? Is there anything else I need to do to make the gauge read the proper altitude (FSUIPC changes?). Thanks for any help.Dave Hinson

Hi Dave. After I saw your post I installed the Turbo Commander in FSX and replaced the altimeter with the Lear 45 altimeter. It does not read any altitude. I looked at the aircraft.cfg and the air file and can't find any reason why the altimeter does not read. The Lear 45 altimeter reads OK in lots of other planes I have in FSX. I will keep looking for a reason that it does not indicate. By the way that plane works fine in FSX except for some FS98 type gauges that can easily be replaced. If you find a reason please post it too. Best regards, Bob.As an additional check I put the plane in FS9 with the original rp altimeter gauge. It works fine. I don't know why you found that it did not work in FS9. It will not work though in FSX and when I replaced it with the Lear altimeter it does not read altitude. I did replace it with the Cessna 206B altimeter and the 737-400 altimeter and they both read OK in FSX. Wht the Lear altimeter does not read is a mystery to me. Regards, Bob.

Hi Dave. After I saw your post I installed the Turbo Commander in FSX and replaced the altimeter with the Lear 45 altimeter. It does not read any altitude. I looked at the aircraft.cfg and the air file and can't find any reason why the altimeter does not read. The Lear 45 altimeter reads OK in lots of other planes I have in FSX. I will keep looking for a reason that it does not indicate. By the way that plane works fine in FSX except for some FS98 type gauges that can easily be replaced. If you find a reason please post it too. Best regards, Bob.As an additional check I put the plane in FS9 with the original rp altimeter gauge. It works fine. I don't know why you found that it did not work in FS9. It will not work though in FSX and when I replaced it with the Lear altimeter it does not read altitude. I did replace it with the Cessna 206B altimeter and the 737-400 altimeter and they both read OK in FSX. Wht the Lear altimeter does not read is a mystery to me. Regards, Bob.
Thanks, Bob. I will try the other two altimeters. Hope it works, because I really like the Turbo Commander.Dave

Thanks, Bob. I will try the other two altimeters. Hope it works, because I really like the Turbo Commander.Dave
Well, tried both altimeters with same results. ToolTips does show the altitude, but altimeter "hands" continue to indicate 0 altitude. Wonder if you need to change anything in FSUIPC ?Dave Hinson

Well, tried both altimeters with same results. ToolTips does show the altitude, but altimeter "hands" continue to indicate 0 altitude. Wonder if you need to change anything in FSUIPC ?Dave Hinson
Hi Dave. I have FSUIPC installed but never did make any changes to anything. I am sorry but don't know why the hands don't work. Maybe someone else has an answer. What is the exact filename of the plane you have installed? Best regards, Bob.

Hi Dave. I have FSUIPC installed but never did make any changes to anything. I am sorry but don't know why the hands don't work. Maybe someone else has an answer. What is the exact filename of the plane you have installed? Best regards, Bob.
VENEAVIONES Rockwell Turbo Commander 690BWL, orginally downloaded for FS9, but works well for FSX (Except for the altimeter). As I mentioned, the "Tool TIps" shows the altitude, but the hands do not.Dave Hinson

Dave, try adding this to your aircraft.cfg file...[altimeters]altimeter.0 = 1altimeter.1 = 1

VENEAVIONES Rockwell Turbo Commander 690BWL, orginally downloaded for FS9, but works well for FSX (Except for the altimeter). As I mentioned, the "Tool TIps" shows the altitude, but the hands do not.Dave Hinson
Hi Dave. That's the exact plane I used above. Regards, Bob.

Guest Calb

Dave,I've sent you a PM regarding this gauge.Cal - VE7ZZZCYXX