Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey L. Whitaker

Windshield Anti-ice And Selection Increase/decrease

Good morning,I have noticed that following the TOD message the FO selects windshield anti-ice as described. However, he only seems to select to right window screen. The left side remains off. Is this a known issue? Perhaps more likely, is it operator error?Shortly into my taxi I realize that the selection increase and decrease, the - and = keys respectively, no longer work. These keys should increase or decrease the zoom. I am certain FS2Crew uses these keys. So, how can I go about zooming?Best regards- great product!JW

Are you 100% sure that you aren't interrupting his keypress when he's selecting the anti-ice? I've had that happen before, but it's always come down to me doing something to interrupt him. As long as I make sure I'm not doing anything else, I haven't had any problems with it.Not sure about the zoom, I can't say I've ever tried it before.

Good morning,I have noticed that following the TOD message the FO selects windshield anti-ice as described. However, he only seems to select to right window screen. The left side remains off. Is this a known issue? Perhaps more likely, is it operator error?Shortly into my taxi I realize that the selection increase and decrease, the - and = keys respectively, no longer work. These keys should increase or decrease the zoom. I am certain FS2Crew uses these keys. So, how can I go about zooming?Best regards- great product!JW
Hello JW:Anti Ice: We're using simulated key presses to toggle those switches. Does this happen to you every time? I can't say I've experienced it myself.Minus and Plus Keys: FS2Crew uses (by default) the numeric keypad Plus and Minus keys for the Red and Green buttons. Try re-assigning the Green and Red buttons to something other than the default settings via the FS2Crew Start Center.All the best,

Thanks for your reply gents,The windshield A/I happens each time. I am certain that my actions within the simulation are not playing a role. At this point in the flight there is not much going on. I tried another flight today and can confirm the issue persists. I did, however, upgrade to a new computer and will try again once I get everything instaled. I do not have any keys assigned which have not been indicated by FS2Crew (items such as the doors).Regarding the zoom- I have assigned a yoke button to perform this function.I'll let you know about the A/I with a clean install.JW

Thanks for your reply gents,The windshield A/I happens each time. I am certain that my actions within the simulation are not playing a role. At this point in the flight there is not much going on. I tried another flight today and can confirm the issue persists. I did, however, upgrade to a new computer and will try again once I get everything instaled. I do not have any keys assigned which have not been indicated by FS2Crew (items such as the doors).Regarding the zoom- I have assigned a yoke button to perform this function.I'll let you know about the A/I with a clean install.JW
JW, also let me know if you're using the widescreen or normal panel.cfg.Best,

Bryan,The reformat and reinstall process was a bit more involved than expected. At any rate, I have managed to get FSX and FS2Crew installed on a fresh system. I went through the manual again and double checked all the button assignments. I use several GoFlight modules which also require key/button input through the GoFlight software and FSUIPC. Because of this I have to keep a keen eye on my asignments.Flawless! FS2Crew performed without fault or fail. I took the MD-11 up twice today and enjoyed the experience without issue. Quick note regarding FS2Crew support: the quality of support from FS2Crew is necessarily the reason I own FS2Crew for the LDS, PMDG 747, PMDG 737, and PMDG MD-11. Thanks for your quick attention to user issues.Cheers, JW

Bryan,The reformat and reinstall process was a bit more involved than expected. At any rate, I have managed to get FSX and FS2Crew installed on a fresh system. I went through the manual again and double checked all the button assignments. I use several GoFlight modules which also require key/button input through the GoFlight software and FSUIPC. Because of this I have to keep a keen eye on my asignments.Flawless! FS2Crew performed without fault or fail. I took the MD-11 up twice today and enjoyed the experience without issue. Quick note regarding FS2Crew support: the quality of support from FS2Crew is necessarily the reason I own FS2Crew for the LDS, PMDG 747, PMDG 737, and PMDG MD-11. Thanks for your quick attention to user issues.Cheers, JW
Hi Jeff,What about the anti-ice? Did the re-install fix that?Cheers,

Bryan,In the end I don't think the reformat/reinstall had much to do with it. I think the problem was likely due to button conflicts with my GoFlight modules. All is well with the FS2Crew software. Windshield AI is working great.JW

Bryan,In the end I don't think the reformat/reinstall had much to do with it. I think the problem was likely due to button conflicts with my GoFlight modules. All is well with the FS2Crew software. Windshield AI is working great.JW
Glad it's working for you!