Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bart

So What Have You All Been Up To In The Last Few Years?

Guest Bart

Howdy all, Hope everyone is still well.

Guest laurent
Hi there Bart and all,I take profit of your post to let you all know that we are still working on Fly! Legacy (Chris, Jean S., several rotw members, aeromodel physic experts, Luc, Even and myself ...) and things are coming quite well. Many features have been completed and I've reasonable hopes that 2009 is the year that will see a first alpha release ... to entice developpers to join the group.We are also putting toghether some material to let you all see what we have still accomplished : pictures, videos etc ...Please don't ask for more now because we need to plan these disclosures yet ... and I'm quite busy with this project to start a thread now ... but keep in touch : things are on the edge.All the best,laurentC

G'day Bart, Great to hear from you. Sometimes I feel a bit like a shag on a rock but then along comes a post like this right out of the blue. Sorry I had to mangle some of your beaver cockpit graphics, - I did try to contact you but without success. Do keep in contact, your old email address I have appears to be defunct - give me an email, mine hasn't changed. I hope you are also keeping well and surviving the economic mess we are all in and more importantly still finding the time to enjoy simming.Keep in touchCheers,Roger

Bart!!! :( Long time no hear! Hanging in there and still enjoying Fly! II... Not much developing, and STILL haven't finished the Seawind 3d panel :( Too much going on in real life am afraid. Brother got cancer and luckily we caught it in time. Surgery and chemo and radiation treatment were sucessful! He was declared cancer free by his cancer doctor just before Thanksgiving! So now we're just picking up the pieces and trying to get him back into normalcy.Hope all is well on your end, and you and the kids are still flying about Ohio!Many Cheers!Ken

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest ben_

well and busy. nice to see some familiar names back :-)hope it's not too soon to wish all the old friendly crowd a happy and safe Christmas :-)Laurent it sound's like there will be some (late) Christmas presents for the Fly crowd -thanks for the work from you and your colleagues.ben

well and busy. nice to see some familiar names back :-)hope it's not too soon to wish all the old friendly crowd a happy and safe Christmas :-)Laurent it sound's like there will be some (late) Christmas presents for the Fly crowd -thanks for the work from you and your colleagues.ben
The guys from ROTW are having their annual meeting today so you could expect more information concerning Legacy very soon.Jean-Paul

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guest chezz123
The guys from ROTW are having their annual meeting today so you could expect more information concerning Legacy very soon.Jean-Paul
Hi to All ROTW,Looking forward to FLy legacycheerschris_CA

Hey, Bart - I'm doing well. Do you have that instrument ticket now?

Randall Rocke

Hi all,Due to work I had not much time available to spend with flightsimulators but I am following the process of Fly!Legacy and hope there will be an alfarelease soon.regardsHarald

Guest Chris Wallace

Better late than never I suppose!Howdy el-Barto, and nice to see the old familiar names still taking a moment to poke their noses into the ol' Fly! forum. Life has pretty much taken over with a vengeance this year, with the three rugrats continuing to get bigger and busier, a new job, and all the usual Real Life things on the go.Laurent and Jean have pretty much taken over Fly! Legacy development while I've been out of the picture this year, and they've made some great strides in recent months. Hey, maybe with the demise of ACES studio it's time for me to quit my job and start up a game development studio to take over the flight sim market! ...er, well, maybe not. Funny thing about mortgage holders, bill collectors...they kind of insist on getting paid from time to time...Nice to hear from you, drop me a line and we'll catch up.Cheers, CW

Hi All,Last year seemed to spend a lot of time working and less and less time for simming and flying but one can and must be optimistic that this year will be easier. Regards to all.

Guest Fly II Pilot

I'm glad I stopped by after so long...We now have an almost 6-year boy and an almost 2-year old girl who certainly keep us busy.Haven't "touched" Fly! in several years (partly due to PC problems) but mostly due to lack of time. Between family and work I have very little time left and whatever is left is to sleep... ;-)I really enjoy my current job at Pratt & Whitney and I wish I had more time to get back into the systems and improve the engine models now that I've learned quite a bit about them and that I can get actual performance data.I'm really glad to see the Legacy is still alive and I wish I could somehow contribute (sorry, no C++ programming skills).I just wanted to stop by and say hi! My e-mail hasn't changed but I did recently lose all of my 10K+ stored e-mail messages during a reinstall... :-(Happy New Year to everyone and safe landings!Alex

Guest YV52
Hi to all, still here checking Fly! forum for any new release , now with two kids no much time to fly but still love this sim.RgdsCesar YV52 Venezuela

Checking in once in a while. A far cry from daily visits back in 2000!!! When everything, and everyone, was still alive. I miss the enthusiasm around Fly!. And I miss Fly's clouds (stratus soup and the others.) Perhaps am I just missing the past... Still, this sim had and I think still has tremendous potential. I so wish someone could pick it up and make it take off again.