Sign in to follow this  
Jones

Pmdg Md-11 With Xp 64 Edition

Hello, I was curious about the compatibly of the MD-11 for FSX on the Windows XP 64 edition operating system. I have 32 currently up here, but since I got this PC a 64 bit operating system is still in question with me I have one and would like to use it, but the compatibility of everything I have on this PC comes into question with a 64 OS. I figure even if FSX is self would the MD-11 installer and .dll files that are used with the plane could have some problem. The only thing that has stopped me from using the XP 64 is th use of the product key for the operating system I have now. I am pretty sure I will not be able to use it again. when I originally got the software it went on a dell in order to have an OS on that PC. The computer crashed 3 times on me which turn out to be a driver problem with a wireless card. I had to reinstall the OS on it each time. I held on to the 64 edition after. never used th key code on it. but if I do this I fear FS2Crew, PMDG MD-11, FSX, Microsoft office 07 and a few other programs with have problems not working on it.Thank YouEric JonesDVA5862USA1045

Either XP or Vista 64b work fine with FSX, PMDG and their installers. I am using Vista 64b, like it, and the only problems I had were totally unrelated (my old palm pilot and flat bed scanner don't have 64b drivers). I have ran into a scenery that needed a 64b upgrade for their installer, which they provided a link after I contacted them. There might be others out there that wouldn't support it if they are older/no longer in business. Otherwise, no problems that I know of.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest TSE

HiI'm using the MD11 on XP 64 without any issues - with the upside that I never had any out of memory errors due to 64bit memory mgmt system.ThanksJoerg

but if I do this I fear FS2Crew, PMDG MD-11, FSX, Microsoft office 07 and a few other programs with have problems not working on it.
FS2Crew should handle it no problem (and if for whatever reason it didn't mesh with your system, we'd just refund your money).All the best,