Sign in to follow this  
Novastar

Ai Aircraft In "select Aircraft" Menu

HiI was once told that and AI aircraft.cfg file could be edited so that it does not show up in the "Select Aircraft" Menu. Would someone be so kind as to refresh my memory and I promise to write it down :( BestVern

HI, Vern...I don't think you can completely eliminate an AI aircraft from the Select Aircraft menu, but you can easily minimize its intrusion. In EACH section of the offending aircraft's aircraft.cfg file, modify the "ui_manufacturer=" line so it reads something like this: "ui_manufacturer=AI Military." Obviously, it could just be "ui_manufacturer=AI" if you don't want subsections.AFAIK, this is as close as you can get to reducing the appearance of AI aircraft in the Select Aircraft menu.Cheers,Glenn

HiI was once told that and AI aircraft.cfg file could be edited so that it does not show up in the "Select Aircraft" Menu. Would someone be so kind as to refresh my memory and I promise to write it down :( BestVern
In the AI aircraft.cfg, as long as there is no [fltsim.x] section, I do not believe it will show up in your list of flyable aircraft.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

In the AI aircraft.cfg, as long as there is no [fltsim.x] section, I do not believe it will show up in your list of flyable aircraft.
For that matter, a properly configured AI a/c has no ..\panel folder!...no ..\panel folder, no show in the menu! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Jeffhew
HiI was once told that and AI aircraft.cfg file could be edited so that it does not show up in the "Select Aircraft" Menu. Would someone be so kind as to refresh my memory and I promise to write it down BestVern
Hi Vern,Yes you can do this but, not through the aircraft.cfg file. You have to edit the .air file. I use AirEd to edit the airfiles manually. You can find it here:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=89432It's real easy to do. You just open the aircraft's .air file and change the "Aircraft type" parameter (line 105) from 0 to 2. After doing this, the aircraft will no longer show up in the selection menu.There is also a program that will let you make batch changes. I can't say how it works though because I've never used it.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=64944Hope this helps.Regards, Jeff

For that matter, a properly configured AI a/c has no ..\panel folder!...no ..\panel folder, no show in the menu! :(
That is true in FSX but the absence of a panel folder makes no difference in FS2004 - at least on my system. The way I hide AI aircraft in the FS2004 aircraft menu is to edit line 105 of the air file for all AI aircraft.I routinely remove any panel or sound folders from dedicated AI aircraft folders to conserve disk space. Some even suggest this may help loading times as unused data is not being processed but I have no idea if that is true or not.

That is true in FSX but the absence of a panel folder makes no difference in FS2004 - at least on my system. The way I hide AI aircraft in the FS2004 aircraft menu is to edit line 105 of the air file for all AI aircraft.I routinely remove any panel or sound folders from dedicated AI aircraft folders to conserve disk space. Some even suggest this may help loading times as unused data is not being processed but I have no idea if that is true or not.
Thanks a bunch for the info guys :( Editing the .air file is the route I took. I remember the line 105 now.Best to all and Merry Christmas.Vern

Hi VernI always like to check that the textures for AI aircraft are going to display - surprising how many "errors" there are in some authors' configuration at times - to ensure that the aircraft is actually going to appear.Having any panel configuration is the easy way to have the aircraft show. Then I simply rename the Panel folder to No_Panel and the aircraft no longer displays and the selection does not clog up the system, With a new texture I then rename back to Panel, check out and return to No_Panel.CheersMike

Hi VernI always like to check that the textures for AI aircraft are going to display - surprising how many "errors" there are in some authors' configuration at times - to ensure that the aircraft is actually going to appear.Having any panel configuration is the easy way to have the aircraft show. Then I simply rename the Panel folder to No_Panel and the aircraft no longer displays and the selection does not clog up the system, With a new texture I then rename back to Panel, check out and return to No_Panel.CheersMike
Thanks for the tip Mike .. that's a good point :( BestVern