Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Fs Will Not Run At Native Res?

I've never had this problem, its strange. If I run in window mode, I can run at 14x9. When I go to full screen, the sim defaults back to 8x6. If change it back to 14x9 in fullscreen, it defaults back to 8x6 unless I'm in wondow mode? Has anyone ever had this issue? Any idea on how to correct it?

You need to adjust the display options within FS. Options-Settings-Display Hardware tab (from memory).It will show 800*600. Change it so it matches the windows res. Ensure you select 32-bit colour.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You need to adjust the display options within FS. Options-Settings-Display Hardware tab (from memory).It will show 800*600. Change it so it matches the windows res. Ensure you select 32-bit colour.
Ray, that's what I've been doing. But after I select my res and click ok, it loads up at 14x9 and then reloads to 8x6. It keeps resetting its self back to default.

I'm assuming you have a wide-screen monitor and it's shrinking, leaving black bars on either side? Does it look distorted like it was pushed in (gauges would be oval shaped instead of circular)? If so, it may be your monitor settings. I've had monitors that seemed to have a separate memory for full-screen games than it did for the desktop. I never was sure why, but I just had to adjust the monitor settings for the full-screen games and it remembered the next time they loaded up.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

I'm assuming you have a wide-screen monitor and it's shrinking, leaving black bars on either side? Does it look distorted like it was pushed in (gauges would be oval shaped instead of circular)? If so, it may be your monitor settings. I've had monitors that seemed to have a separate memory for full-screen games than it did for the desktop. I never was sure why, but I just had to adjust the monitor settings for the full-screen games and it remembered the next time they loaded up.
Im on a laptop with a widescreen, yes. It's aggrivating me, I wish I could just fly. :)

Ray, that's what I've been doing. But after I select my res and click ok, it loads up at 14x9 and then reloads to 8x6. It keeps resetting its self back to default.
Chase, It could be a driver problem. When did this start happening? If it's only recently consider a System Restore. Otherwise try reinstalling the video drivers.The other thing is check your FS9.CFG and see if you have multiple driver entries present. there should only be one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather