Sign in to follow this  

Simbuild

Hi All, Why is it so Hard to find the simbuild AirBus A340-600, and why do people seem to hate Simbuild. I really like their Airbus A340.I feel like i might be doing something wrong by using it, is breaching some copy right or something?, why did they shut down.

Hi there,you gave the answer to your first question yourself - when they shut down, so did their website, which contained the files. I don't know why people hate them, I think they did outstanding work and produced an excellent aircraft. You're not doing anything wrong by using it, and as long as you don't claim you made it, try to sell it or otherwise distribute it against the author's wishes, you're not breaching any copyright.I believe they shut down because of personal differences, but I could be wrong here.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Thanks for the Reply.I feel much better Now.

Guest Dominik Mann

I, too, think that their A340s are still the best heavies I have ever seen, and will definitely keep them for as long as I have FS installed. It really is a shame that they shut down :'( ...as far as I know, they did, in fact, have an A342 and 343 in the pipeline, which, however, we may now never see :-( .

I want that A340 - Is there anyway to still get it?

Guest A386

Just before they disappear they have stated to fixed a major problem with the A346 but the fixed A346 didn't make it to the public.For sure the developers and their friends still hold a copy of the fixed A346 but we might never see it.In my view the SimuBuild A346 represents the best flight behaviour seen today in Airbus sims.

There were a lot of problems in SB in the final days and we tried to resolve them with a whole new approach and staff change and new attitude when we reformed as USD. Unfortunatly, even though the early days looked promising and everyone had new energy, USD died a fast death within 3 months of its "re" formation. A lot of the issues and problems that plagued SB followed along to USD.I'm sorry that so many people out there will never see the files again. I myself don't even know who has them anymore. They're only obtainable thru friends these days. And if you do find one, hope you have a DSL or cable connection to download the files, bring lunch too. The texture files alone were massive, If I remember correctly they exceeded 25 megs just for one aircraft.Anyway, if you got it, enjoy it. To my knowledge, no one hates SB OR USD and no one will hate anyone or feel they are wrong for using it.mike@sgair.nethttp://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg

WALKING IN THE HEAVENLIES!hey, do you have the a345 from Simubuild.........if so, i may have some textures for you........ Do you have any textures????cheersadam