Sign in to follow this  
Jax_Chief

Free Us Charts

skyvector.com for enroute ifr charts (and vfr charts too)

Noah Bryant

The FAA NACO site added all vfr, ifr and area charts to their downloads now. These are high resolution pdf or tiff format files. However, there is a nominal charge for each but the cost is much less than what the local FBO charged, and they are good for real world navigation. The terminal procedures (sids, stars and iaps) continue to be free, thank goodness.Also, the Digital Aeronautical Information data can now be downloaded (small cost) instead of purchased by CDROM. This is the information I use to build sidstars, includes all fixes, navaids, airspace boundaries, airway crossings, preferred routes, etc. Wealth of data.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest PPSFA

www.airnav.com has everything you need, all current, and all free. as long as you only need US info

www.airnav.com has everything you need, all current, and all free. as long as you only need US info
Just terminal procedures. Hard to find sectionals, lo and hi enroute and area charts on line. This is what the FAA has added lately for download.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest PPSFA
Just terminal procedures. Hard to find sectionals, lo and hi enroute and area charts on line. This is what the FAA has added lately for download.
Actually Airnav has it all, Sectionals, TAC's, Enroute, metars, and of course SIDS/STARS and all approach plates. They added the enroute charts months ago. Pick an airport, scroll down until you see the small sectional on the right, click it. Whe it opens you can zoom it, move it, etc and at the top of the sectional you will see the links for the enroute charts.

Guest Fabio Miguez

I know this is not a very popular destination, but the entire Norway AIP is online and free here.

Oh Wow! Thanks very much for the Norway link and now I have new destinations to try out.PPSFA: Wish you'd use your name (per forum rules) so I could thank you for the tip regarding SkyVector. Airnav has had that link to their sectionals for a long time but I didn't realize they added enroute charts as well, one can just go direct to http://skyvector.com to get the enroute and area charts. This is a very easy resource to use. Thanks whatever your name is.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest PPSFA

Sorry, I just now realized that with the new forums, my signature was missing.Jay

Guest TrafficTraffic

Check out my Chartfinder that provides a convenient index for up-to-date US and UK charts. It uses the NACO charts for the US.

www.vroute.netThere are 2 versions, a free one and premium. If you have the money, I should go for the premium. It's just like PMDG: well worth the money!It has:- A huge database of routes all over the world. (At this moment there are 76088 routes in database).- You can add your own route and, if confirmed it will be stored in the database.- If you have a Navigraph account, it will also see if your route meets the latest AIRAC.- The possibility to export your flightplan to PMDG, FSX and many many other popular programs.- A fuel calculation based on your route. Currently for PMDG 737 series and the 747, the author is working on MD-11 fuel calculation.- Links to (FREE!) charts based on your route.- Build-in VATSIM function to file your flight on VASTIM.I always use this program. It has it all! :( PeteEHAM

Guest Fabio Miguez

Here's a link to Canadian Airport Diagram charts. It seems that their instrument procedures charts are not freely available.Fabio