Sign in to follow this  
toothjockey

Pmdg 737 Ngx Wish List

As the development team moves toward the NGX I am wondering if there is a formal way to make requests for the new aircraft. I am not trying to be pushy or to put any pressure on anyone, just wondering if there is a place for a "wish list." Ok, here's my wish: A HUD. I've spoken with Southwest pilots who fly without the autothrottle that say they can easily nail their speeds using their HUD. Hope it is a possiblity. Thanks, Don

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

Hello Don,The HUD is indeed an excellent item, especially for visual approaches. This was mentioned I think about 2 or 3 months ago and it seems we are going to have it in the NGX.I don't know if you can retrieve that thread though, frankly I'm still not able to use the search correctly.Happy landings

Don,I'm about 99.9% sure Ryan said they intend to model the HUD. In both 2D and the VC. :)

Don,I'm about 99.9% sure Ryan said they intend to model the HUD. In both 2D and the VC. :)
So ehm, any info the release date of NGX?I can't find any info on it, and it's probably the only thing that's keeping me from going FSX...there's just no good 737=s

So ehm, any info the release date of NGX?I can't find any info on it, and it's probably the only thing that's keeping me from going FSX...there's just no good 737=s
Good, :( that means your staying with FS9 for at least another year and a half. I would like it too but it's unlikely we'll be given a date... :(

lol squishy give them a chance, the MD11 is only just out. I think we all know what to expect from PMDG and if it's possible to simulate a feature of the real aircraft in the sim world I think it will be there. when they have something to report I'm sure we will see more post's on the NGX.In the meantime plenty of stuff to keep us busy! :( I'm personaly still tryin to drag myself away from the 744 long enough to try and study for the FS9 MD11 release!Rob

Rob Prest

I don't understand why there aren't any threads on the NGX? it's like nobody cares?
What makes you say so? There are threads on the 737NGX some of them quite long and informative, like the thread I mentioned above.

Guest j-mo
I'm personaly still tryin to drag myself away from the 744 long enough to try and study for the FS9 MD11 release!Rob
LOL, I'm so happy with the 747(X) that I have a hard time talking myself into buying the MD-11!

LOL, I'm so happy with the 747(X) that I have a hard time talking myself into buying the MD-11!
Once buy the MD-11 you are going to have a hard time talking yourself into flying the 747(X). ;)

It was me who first mentioned the HUD in this forum for the 737NGX, as Qantas utilises a HUD for the Captain in each of their B737-838 aircraft. It's something I definitely want to see. Just out of curiosity, what are the chances of PMDG modelling any of the BBJ variants, or military variants such as the Wedgetail being built for the Royal Australian Air Force?

Ye i know, i'm not asking them to release the NGX right now, just that some info would be nice! Approx release date...their NGX page hasn't been updated for 1.5years

Once they finish work on the MD-11 for FS9, they'll start work on the NGX then. That's the reason it hasn't been updated in 1.5 years.

Just to confirm... YES we are doing the HUD, and it will be spectacular!This is a ground-up remake of the aircraft, expect MD-11 level fidelity or (likely) higher. We intend to leave virtually nothing unsimulated.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just to confirm... YES we are doing the HUD, and it will be spectacular!This is a ground-up remake of the aircraft, expect MD-11 level fidelity or (likely) higher. We intend to leave virtually nothing unsimulated.
Cool, I LOOOOVEE the smell of jet fumes! :(