Sign in to follow this  
toothjockey

Pmdg 737 Ngx Wish List

Hey Ryan,I wish to see a measure of Landing Gs, in real we get this through the FMS, other than that, how about simulating a Flight Data Recorder which saves a file and then we open it using a program for prints etc. this would be really cool.Bhaskar Krishna

What bout some simple ACARS like functions, for example retrieve METARs from an airport that you enter. I'm not 100% sure about how it works in r/w but I do know in many a/c you can download any ATIS you like and print it out. I'd love to see such a simple METAR tool. :( Whaddaya think?Regards,Etienne

I second Etienne's idea, it would indeed be great to have a working ACARS especially for ATIS information though I don't think it's possible due to FS limitations, ATIS is only available from a short distance compared to the RW in our beloved simming heaven...

Just to confirm... YES we are doing the HUD, and it will be spectacular!This is a ground-up remake of the aircraft, expect MD-11 level fidelity or (likely) higher. We intend to leave virtually nothing unsimulated.
Thanks Ryan!I assumed this from your earlier post, but now you are stoking the fire. It's been a long wait for the NGX, but the good news is I was forced to learn to fly the Queen. I only fly PMDG aircraft, and have now made the switch to FSX.Being a long time PMDG customer, even though I am very excited for the NGX, I know it will probably be longer than we all hope. But that is only because as Orson Welles says, "no aircraft before it's time."Don

Don Maxwell (toothjockey) San Diego, CA
Raptor Lake i9-13900K / ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 / Gigabyte Geforce RTX4090 Windforce 24GB /
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 / Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler /
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT / Corsair 5000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower / Samsung 49" 4K / Windows 11 Home 64bit

I second Etienne's idea, it would indeed be great to have a working ACARS especially for ATIS information though I don't think it's possible due to FS limitations, ATIS is only available from a short distance compared to the RW in our beloved simming heaven...
Thanks for the addition, but nah, I'd be glad to just have the METAR option. I'd almost 100% say you couldn't really retrieve the ATIS from FS, I just said that because I know they can get it in r/w :(. What I'd simply like to see was some function that somehow downloads the METAR from the net, I suppose that should not be such a major problem but then again I aint the dev! :(

Thanks for the addition, but nah, I'd be glad to just have the METAR option. I'd almost 100% say you couldn't really retrieve the ATIS from FS, I just said that because I know they can get it in r/w :(. What I'd simply like to see was some function that somehow downloads the METAR from the net, I suppose that should not be such a major problem but then again I aint the dev! :(
How about some kind of link between Activesky and the FMC. It might then be possible to automatically download route winds and so on.Rob

Just to confirm... YES we are doing the HUD, and it will be spectacular!This is a ground-up remake of the aircraft, expect MD-11 level fidelity or (likely) higher. We intend to leave virtually nothing unsimulated.
Thanks for your post ryan, good to hear!Any info on whether its going to be weeks, months,

Please add this option for the 737NGX, 2d panel with wing view and no V/C... That would be awesome for me and maybe a few others... I would love to look out over the wing and see those SWA winglets and lights on the leading edge...Happy Holidays to all....Take Care Will

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Just wondering, are there any differences in the 'front office' in a BBJ compared to a vanilla 737NG? Otherwise the only differences are the fuel capacity and landing gear (plus better trim in the back ;)), right?Cheers, Chris Dalgarno

Please add this option for the 737NGX, 2d panel with wing view and no V/C... That would be awesome for me and maybe a few others... I would love to look out over the wing and see those SWA winglets and lights on the leading edge...
+1

I'm really looking forward to the new PMDG 737NGX and I am sure it will be a great product! There are lot of things (most of them customer options in real life) that would be nice to see in the new PMDG 737, such as an ISFD instead of conventional standby instruments, Rockwell Collins EDFCS with CATIIIb capability, HGS, Integrated Approach Navigation, Vertical Situation Display, center tank fuel pumps auto shutoff, FMC software U10.7 / U10.8, latest CDS Block Point software, etc. But above all I'm hoping for a weather radar. I understand it's pretty essential in real life, yet there aren't many FS add-ons that simulate it.

Just wondering, are there any differences in the 'front office' in a BBJ compared to a vanilla 737NG? Otherwise the only differences are the fuel capacity and landing gear (plus better trim in the back ;)), right?Cheers, Chris Dalgarno
There are some other (minor) visible differences. For example: some (perhaps most?) BBJs are FANS-equipped, which means (among other things) a different CDU faceplate (VNAV, FMC COMM and ATC instead of CLB, CRZ and DES).Joni

Sorry to revive old thread but I think I have some pertinent information about the Southwest. It is based on a long article in the most recent issue of Aviation Week & ST (Dec.15). The article describes big changes coming to the Southwest 737 fleet. Southwest wants to be know as a "green" airline - they embark on a $175 mln to train their pilots in use of auto-throttle, VNAV and primarily RNP approaches. They partnered with Naverus to develop RNP approaches to every single runway where Southwest flies -it will cut down on fuel and noise around airports, they will start with Dallas Love Field and Houston Hobby airports. All 215 737 "classic" will be retrofitted with glass cockpits.

Good, :( that means your staying with FS9 for at least another year and a half. I would like it too but it's unlikely we'll be given a date... :(
No need to go over to FSX even then, since the 737NGX will also be released for FS9. :(

Staffan

No need to go over to FSX even then, since the 737NGX will also be released for FS9. :(
:( Absolutely!!! :(