Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Liee2008 Big Problem?

HiI installed LIEE 2008 (download from AVSIM).The manual said that You must manually add scenery parts in some order:CagliariCagliari PhotorealCagliari LandClassSardegna Mesh SRTMThe problem is that after executing LIEE 2008.exe it creates dir LIEE 2008 in Fs9 root.After I add manually all five parts of scenery allways I have double entry in scenery.cfg but only CagliariAnd allways on same place (level 112 i think)Situation is next (in scenery settings)Cagliari (added automatically)Cagliari (added manualy)Cagliari Photoreal(added manualy)Cagliari LandClass(added manualy)Sardegna Mesh SRTM(added manualy).And the weird thing is that I can delete this first entry Cagliari (added automatically). I deleted through scenery settings and manually editing scenery.cfgbut allways builds up again after starting Fs9.Only solution for scenery to work corectlly is to deactivate (not delete, because it builds up again after new start) this first entry Cagliari.Can somebody explain what is happeningI found link in italian so if anybody spek Italian :( http://www.volovirtuale.com/forum/fs2004/1...e-2008-a-5.htmlThanksEdin

HiI installed LIEE 2008 (download from AVSIM).The manual said that You must manually add scenery parts in some order:CagliariCagliari PhotorealCagliari LandClassSardegna Mesh SRTMThe problem is that after executing LIEE 2008.exe it creates dir LIEE 2008 in Fs9 root.After I add manually all five parts of scenery allways I have double entry in scenery.cfg but only CagliariAnd allways on same place (level 112 i think)Situation is next (in scenery settings)Cagliari (added automatically)Cagliari (added manualy)Cagliari Photoreal(added manualy)Cagliari LandClass(added manualy)Sardegna Mesh SRTM(added manualy).And the weird thing is that I can delete this first entry Cagliari (added automatically). I deleted through scenery settings and manually editing scenery.cfgbut allways builds up again after starting Fs9.Only solution for scenery to work corectlly is to deactivate (not delete, because it builds up again after new start) this first entry Cagliari.Can somebody explain what is happeningI found link in italian so if anybody spek Italian :( http://www.volovirtuale.com/forum/fs2004/1...e-2008-a-5.htmlThanksEdin
I figured it out and will detail what I did - but it will be tomorrow as I must go back to work right now -It is not too difficult.

Thanks Opa.I'm waiting for your cure of my problems.Thanks againEdin

I figured it out and will detail what I did - but it will be tomorrow as I must go back to work right now -It is not too difficult.

Good Morning. The auto-installer apparently was not well tested before this scenery was released and it is the root of the problem.This is what happened on my machine and I expect it did the same on yours also:1. When I ran the auto-iinstaller it created a Folder in FS2004 named LIEE2008 with the 5 subfolders, the optional bgl and 2 pdf files. So far so good - as scenery does not have to be in the usual Addon scenery folder - it can be anywhere on your hard drive.2. It then added one item to the scenery.cfg file (the one in the main FS2004 folder) but this addition is flawed as the Area Number is not defined. Example:[Area.]Title=CagliariLocal=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\LIEE2008\CagliariRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=104I was not aware of this but apparently when FS sees an entry like that it will automatically add it again (during later restarts) with an auto generated Area number.Example: [Area.000]This of course results in two entries being displayed in the Scenery Library dialogue - and that is not normally possible.4. To correct this situation, using Notepad I opened my scenery.cfg file and deleted BOTH entries for Cagliari - the one with the proper area number defined and the one which has no area number defined.Note: If you are deleting those entries, be sure to delete all the lines associated with both of them - not just the [Area.] portion.Then I restarted FS2004 and checked the Scenery Library - no entry for Cagliari was displayed. I then added the entry (and the other 4 as specified in the documentation) and the problem was solved.For me there are other issues with this scenery - particularily the somewhat blurry runway which "unfolds" as I taxi down it and I have not figured out why that should be happening. I experimented with changing the order of the scenery entries but saw no difference so that may be something I have to live with.Hope this explanation is of some value. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

I already had this airport working correctly in my FS9 ....... BUT...... I installed it (as always) in a separate working folder outside FS9 instead of directly in FS9 because in the past I have had very bad experiences with installer programs. In general, after installation in the working folder and ridding the resulting files of any unnessary ballast, I then copy/paste them into my FS9 addon scenery folder and declare them in the FS9 scenery library in their correct positions/sequence. After confirming that the scenery works correctly I then uninstall (not delete) the scenery from my working folder. I still believe this is the best and most safe method which I use for ALL installer programs, which I have grown to mistrust strongly.However, with this specific Cagliari scenery three problems remained, even after using the above method:1. No uninstall procedure was supplied so afterwards the files had to be deleted from the working folder instead of uninstalling them.2. Even although I installed the scenery in a separate working folder the installer program still managed to wrongly edit my FS9 scenery.cfg file (with links to the files in my working folder), causing an error message when FS9 was started up. However, this error was quite easily recognizeable and could be deleted, leaving my own correct entries.3. The supplied EURW/scenery water polygon file HP950180.bgl was NOT installed because the resident file with the same name had already been (backed up and) replaced by earlier regional addon scenery. This does however, produce a good example of how installer programs can really mess up your sim because this one would have directly replaced that file whatever it's contents, and most probably would have had dire effects on some of my other regional addon sceneries.Well, your specific problems have evidently already been sorted out by Opa so please just regard the above as a kind of suggestion for use with all installer programs.Good luckHans

I couldn't agree more with Hans!I simply do not "trust" auto-installers nor do I "trust" instructions which tell me to unzip a file directly the FS9 Root etc.Installing or unzipping to a temporary folder first is, in my opinion, the safest method to use.You not only learn about the structure of aircraft and scenery files by doing this but you also have an opportunity to correct errors before they have a chance to create a problem on your setup.Bottom line is that auto-installers and zipped files are no better than the person who set them up. Installers and zips simply do what the author of the package has programmed them to do.

Hi guys.Thanks to both of You (Opa and Hans)I solve the problem as you describe.I'm not sure why this didn't help first time, because I'm sure that I deleted manually all entry with cagliari in scenery.cfg.However, thanks again and if you need any help regarding Airbus or ATR feel free to contact me :( You can check my web:http://www.inet.hr/vegabricEdin