Sign in to follow this  
Texas Hood

What Am I Doing Wrong

It seems that I am programing this thing wrong at different times, sometimes it flys straight and true and sometimes it barely flys at all, Example:When I take off it flys great everything doing what it's supposed to do when in "autoflight". But then sometimes when it gets to around FL150- Fl180 it starts to down it's climb and by the time it gets to FL230-FL260 it is trying to crawl it's way up to FL350. Speed is still there and engine power is available the aircraft is just not using it. I don't have to much fuel, I have already played with that. This all happens with in about the first 20 min of flight time. Around 45 min. into the flight my airspeed starts to drop slowly and with in about 60 minutes it is wanting to stall at around FL260-FL280.Now I have load other flight plans and not had a problem before Flying for 2 hours at FL370, Speed .8 mach no problems at all.I guess I'm asking is what is the first thing I should check to see what I'm doing wrong to create this behavor?I know this is not alot of information but there seens to be quite a bit to try and share so if any one can help I will send any info that is needed and I have pics too I'll just need to know how to post them.Thanks for any help I get.PS I really love this aircraft and I miss my 737 for FS2004 and can't wait (but I will) for the NGXRyan gann

Some pictures of your panel while this is occurring would be quite useful in helping us figure out what is going on.Does this happen when you follow the training flight step by step, line for line?Sam

I'm not sure the MD has a page like this, but I have a feeling it does. There should be a page that tells you your optimum altitude. To me, it sounds like you're somehow too heavy for the altitude.Cheers,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Ephemeral: Thanks for the reply, no when I do the training flight everything goes fine, and even when I do my own flights 1/2 the time everything goes as well so thats why I'm sure it's not a bug I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I will try and post a picture of what is going on.scandinavian13: Yes that is what I thought too but that is something that I checked as well and I have even assigned my self under those alttitudes and still it doesn't work all the time.Note I will try and attach this picture:

Hello Ryan...the first thing i see wrong there is that ridiculously high TAT, +41*C is much too high for that speed and alitude to be realistic what weather program are you using?, try clearing all weather that you have and try to fly again without weather

tcas_climb: Thanks I will try that, I was kind of thinking that as well. That flight was when I was flying online at VATSIM so what ever weather program FSINN is using is what I'm using. Thanks it gives me something new to try.

OK UPDATE: I do belive it is the temp thing, now the question is why was I getting that from an online server, Strange.Question 2: does any body recommend a certain non FPS hogging weather program?Statement: I found that FSX coustom weather is not very accurate 0*F = 33*C Uhhh no but that was what I was getting.I will do more testing but I do think that was the problem, Thanks guys for all your help.PS Don't forget I now need a weather program suggetions are welcome

The problem is not with the online weather server, but with FSInn - see http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=20466I'm using ASX for weather and a registered version of FSUIPC to smooth sudden wind changes, that works very well for me. The developer is launching a new version of the product later today, see http://www.hifisim.com/ sometime after 10 am ET Saturday.Tom