Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Anyone Recommend Voicebuddy V3.0?

(All right, my first post on the new forum system. Let's see how it goes.)FSPilotShop is having a sale on VoiceBuddy this weekend $19.95 USD. << http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.ph...;products_id=53 >>I was wondering if Voice Buddy was OK or a complete dud. I never thought this program was worth the 40 bucks they usually ask for it but I must admit that I'm kind of tempted now. I've never really read anything particularly good about it --but the product description says it's been "updated" with some game specific command profiles, and even if I could integrate it into my sim to perform 10 or 15 of my most common commands verbally - "Gear Down" "Landing Lights" "Flaps 1, 5 10 etc." it might be fairly nice.Any suggestions to buy or stay away -- and why? As always, thanks in advance to anyone still reading here (The posting numbers seem to have really gone down this week.)Smooth skies!Chuck B

I use the freebie Flight Assistant that can be found here at AVSIM. It works great with FS9 and Radar Contact and it's very easy to edit commands.

Wally, I could never get Flight Assistant to work with FS9 in my XP 64 system. Are you running a 32 bit OS?

Wally, I could never get Flight Assistant to work with FS9 in my XP 64 system. Are you running a 32 bit OS?
Yes, 32-bit XP.

No but I will now . . . do you use it on a 64 bit OS?Thank you.

Hi, Trelane, and everyone."…do you use it on a 64 bit OS?"Yes, you can use Speechbuddy with Vista 64, see some details / pitfalls below. The latest upload relies heavily on FSUIPC and uses XPhook, which Vista does not like, but you do not need them for the Interface that I posted here. Let me know if you need more help.Here is some info from some of the included files."SAPI 5.3 Should be installed in Vista, if you do not have it, get SAPI 5.1SAPI is now incorporated in vista, and it will exhibit a delayed response to some phrases. The best way to minimize the delay is to say testing, right before you intend to use a phrase, after a long pause.Note: you must start from a cold boot, power off, state.Start the SAPI in Vista first, you will find it under accessories, and after that start SpeechBuddy.Some phrases will have voice confirmation, example set flaps down one, but if you say flaps down one there will be no voice confirmation.Initially SpeechBuddy will load FS2004. This interface is located in the sub directory FS2004. If you want to load on another interface you can follow the procedure below.Set up your Vista Speech Recognition Options, in Control Panel, you can turn everything that you can Off, except Listen to everything I say, for MFSF use, but it may work with other Options On, with more delays.Note:Run SpeechBuddy2, and MSFS as AdministartorAll files will run in FS9 and FS8, I did not test them in FSX, but they should be OK.Microphone TESTING / SET UP MUST BE DONE IN vISTA.Install.Unzip the files,Create a Short cut to "SpeechBuddy.exe" in this folder. and Run as Administrator.Load a profile, File > Open interface > double click on the ".dws" file you want to use, the "fs9nofsuallck-tbm.dws" should have everything you need. That also will give you the Checklist capability, just say, "List Checklists" to test.If you want to test / setup your Speech engine, Speak "Start listening" to start Vista Speech.You can also test the Phrases below to see if they work without having to start MSFS.Minimize, the Vista SR and SpeechBUddy2 icons.Start MSFS, as AdministratorSpeak "Testing", "Speeech On", "Speech OFF" acts like a Push to Talk, "Flaps down", "Flaps up", "List Checklists"A delay may be observed on the first few Phrases, but most of the rest should work fine.Read the Docs for other Phrases.""SpeechBuddy2 typical session.This text was entered by using speech recognition.If you want to use SpeechBuddy a session may go something like this:TestingSpeech onSpeech offList checklistsBefore takeoff ChecklistNext itemNext itemApply full power, as you achieve positive rate of climb, you can say, "landing gear up", "flaps up one" etc..As you approach your cruise speed, you can saying "cruise checklist", next item until you finish with a checklist.As you approach your Airport and you can say "before landing checklist","next item", "next item" until you finish with the checklist, or "checklist done" to terminate. TV