Sign in to follow this  
Guest leadingedge04

Make Fs9 All Around Better

Guest leadingedge04

Hello. For xmas I am getting a brand new computer that should run Fs9 great. See: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=235830I was would like suggestions to make overall improvement to FS9 "must haves". Do you recommend Activesky, Ground Enviroment 2006 etc etc? and what about AI? I am not too knowledgeble on AI do it yourself programs but I have been hisitant to download any airports that don't have static aircraft (which there are very few). I don't like taxiing around say the newest YUL scenery with the defult aircraft nor do I like it w/o any traffic at all. Besides a few airplanes and a few sceneries I have World Airports V 2 and Lvd 767Thanks!

Greetings.I run ActiveSky and AISmooth, occasionally Radar Contact. I use these with LDS767, PMDG 737 series and Captain Sim's C-130. I have but dn't run as often: FS2Crew for LDS767 and AES (because on my lack of airports that support AES).For freeware airports, anything by "Mach-1 Design Group" here is great.My payware airports are all old, mostly by Simflyers.Net. There might be updated ones available from other companies.Best Regards,

For overall improvement of the FS World I recommend ActiveSky 6.5 or HiFi's new product (to be announced tomorrow), Ground Environment Pro, Ultimate Terrain (US, Alaska/Canada, and Europe), and all of the FS Genesis mesh products (you can get a sweet deal on the bundle). For a flight planner get FSBuild. For AI, it's hard to beat the World of AI stuff. Add aircraft to suit your interests - all of the major payware companies (with a couple of notable exceptions) do good work and there are some truely excellent freeware efforts as well - and you're in business.DJ

Guest lgvpilot1

For Ai you could have a look for SKai traffic It is for the want of a better word a "naughty" programme where some guy has taken the best freeware without permission and bundled it in a loader , and it seems claimed it as his ownNow what your opinion of that is your own ,but what you do get as a massive amount of AiThis package will put about 4.5GB of Ai on your hard drive at a click of a button But as I have said its background is a bit questionable and is frowned upon by some Mark(Mods if you dissaprove of this post please delete)

Good post Igvpilot1JimCYWG

Guest aafuss

I still use volume 3 of FSScene for FS2004-makes flying around Australia nice.Also VOZ is great for enhancing Australian scenery, if you like flying aroun this part of the world-check out http://www.vistaoz.org/

And don't forget radar Contact 4.3. It'll change the way ATC relates to your aircraft. There's also the PFE emulator for AI, but IMHO, it's way too complicated to run. RC is sweet and simple to use, but behind the easy inteface it's very realistic and sophisticated.Eytannear LLHA

For myself, I have Active Sky 6.5, Ground Environment Pro, XPax for airline flights, and I highly recommend Frame Rate Friendly and Mach 1 Designs sceneries. Then I can't highly enough recommend Reality XP's Flightline T and Flightline N gauges, I place them in all planes that use the default FS gauges or even those with custom gauges that have the same 1-degree tick movements. The movement's incredibly smooth so you can immediately detect any trends in movement, which is great if you ever find yourself in gusting winds on an ILS approach or for some reason want to practice partial-panel flights.I also recommend getting some good quality aircraft, such as Mikko's freeware Maule M7-260, or payware like Carenado, PMDG, or FeelThere (I know, I know. This one's debatable).ASA I think made me pee myself, so I may have to get it next month.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach