Sign in to follow this  
happyflyer53

Unable To Install Catalyst Control Center

Hello all,When I install driver 8.11 for my 3870X2 I have the following error message:===="The setup has detected that version 2.08.1220 of CCC is already installed."This setup installs an earlier version of CCC (2.008.1028.2133)"You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version.====When trying to uninstall it in the Control Panel/Add or Remove programs where ATI CCC is listed the same error message appears.As a result, driver 8.11 is correctly installed but with no CCC.I tried many things to get rid of this including Driver Cleaner Pro 1.5 and RegCure but with no success. ATI CCC is sticking in the "Currently installed programs and updates".Any advice will be much appreciated.HFIntel Q6600 Quad CoreASUS Maximus ExtremeCorsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333Antec P182 with PC Power & Cooling 750W QUADSeagate 500GB and Seagate 1GBSamsung 245B 24po 1920x1200

You may have to uninstall using the ATI installer not the Windows options method.Run the installer, and there should be options to install/repair/uninstall.... chose the later, then custom....and if CCC is in the list, ceheck it for uninstall.If these are not there you may try using Driver Sweeper (Googhle for it) to remove everything in SafeMode and restart from scrapMaybe.....Allen