Sign in to follow this  
irish3

Taxiway/runway Scenery Details

As of late my runways texture/details have turned sour. It appears the runways have wind blown snow on the sides and they are not as black as they usedto be. Also noticed that the parking areas are very white, rather than grey/black.Not sure what caused the problem. Have added some airpoort sceneries, but they look normal.Question being, is there a freeware that has what i might be looking for?I know that Aero Files has a package called "Airport Ground Details" and it payware, ($22.00) looks good, but if I can grab a freeware, all the better.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Cheers,irish3

Guest Jeffhew
As of late my runways texture/details have turned sour. It appears the runways have wind blown snow on the sides and they are not as black as they usedto be. Also noticed that the parking areas are very white, rather than grey/black.Not sure what caused the problem. Have added some airpoort sceneries, but they look normal.Question being, is there a freeware that has what i might be looking for?I know that Aero Files has a package called "Airport Ground Details" and it payware, ($22.00) looks good, but if I can grab a freeware, all the better.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Cheers,irish3
Hi,There are a couple of packages that might help.Airport Environment Upgrade. You'll want to download versions 7 and 8. This package has runway and taxiway textures as well as upgraded airport building textures.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchReal Environment ProfessionalThis has a number of enhancements that you might like. http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchHope this helps.Best Regards,Jeff

I definitely second both add-ons but especially REP, it impoves things remarquably.

Thanks guys...may have found my problem in the texture folder. Will check out the areas that you mentioned.Appreciate the help. :( Cheers,irish3