Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

Will Microsoft keep Megis?

Guest lmoelleb

This is a simulator, so the answer is rather simple - let it be determined by the date you are flying (isn't the Berlin wall included if you go back in time?). They should have done the same for the towers in NY in my opinion, but of course it would give the problems with the people who would want to see them fall by setting the date to sep 11./Lars

Guest cw1011

This question was asked of the project lead from Microsoft at the AVSIM conference in Tahoe. Meigs will remain the default airport, even if it is closed, according to the gent. Colin

I think they should both remove AND keep Meigs. How? The simulation date. If you set it prior to the date Meigs was secretly destroyed, it should be displayed as it was. Afterwards, it can be replaced. They could even go as far as putting Bulldozers on the field for the few days around the date it was destroyed ...

Guest P3_Super_Bee

That would be the most logical way, with the date thing. I think that is what will happen with the Twin Towers in FSCoF, set the clock to 10 Sep 01 and they will be there. It was to late in the ballgame to incorperate it into FS2K2, so they just removed them totally. Have to Remember this, Meigs will be in FS2CoF, just might not be in the directory, or have an "manned" tower. There are many airports that have closed still in FS. One off the top of my head is Bellows AFB on Oah`u in Hawai`i, The runways are there but that's it, not in the directory, no tower, no navaids, etc, (Take off from Kane'ohe MCAF(PHNG) RWY 04 and turn right, its about 10/20 miles away. :-outtahttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...43942b48d2b.jpg

I guess it will depend on how quickly they complete the removal of the Meigs runway, but MS should do the same as Kai Tak in FS2002 - Keep the airport in the scenery but mark it as "closed", remove the runway/taxiway lights and the ATC/AI traffic.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE