Sign in to follow this  
Guest Carl Hackman

Active Sky Advanced

Guest Werd

This is an awesome news!I'm only flying gliders and use sp2+asx+cumulusX+simprobeI have few questions:-is ASA compatible with fsx sp1?-How does this technology compare with CumulusX/Simprobe?

New Vertical Air Simulation TechnologyFor both FS9 and FSX, new realistic up and downdrafts as well as thermals and ridge lift are simulated throughout your flight.
Ridge lifts are simulated real time without the need of a slope database or anything else?Seriously I was hoping for thermal/ridge lift simulation integrated in asx one day, still cant believe my dreams came real now. :(

One of the most important features in ASV6.5 for me is the ability to manually re-fresh AI. Will this still be possible in ASA?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

• Will the new interpolation significantly reduce the the lack of weather in my immediate vacinity (under my aircraft) and/or a particular quadrant?
  • What happens if a user uploads and erroneous or autdated PIREP?
  • Is FSUIPC (Reg'd) still the recommended/best smoothing device for FSX?
  • Does enabling virtual-stations (to fill the gaps) still put a big hit (stutters) during updates?
  • Is transoceanic coverage any better?
  • Does the winds-aloft briefing now include multiple flight-levels and their associated averages for big-irons to decide the best enroute FL?
  • Is XGraphics still a standalone sister-application or is it now completely included in ASA?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi, I miss the Temperature Column in the flightlog screenshots like in AS 6.5. Is there a way to get the temperature for the enroute waypoints on a specific flight level. This is very important for PMDG MD-11 users, as the fuel may starts freezing when it is too cold. Jan-Paul

Guest PPSFA

Hiya Carl, good to see ya! One question, has the issue with multiplayer been fixed? Specifically with the host being unable to use ASX as players can't join the session if the host has it active.TksJay

HiThe new website is now live giving details of our upcoming relase. :(The url is the same http://www.hifisim.comRegards
One hazy question-ASA is a new prodcut and if I decide to purchase I need to get rid of ASX?Or is there an update ?Confused????Rick

One hazy question-ASA is a new prodcut and if I decide to purchase I need to get rid of ASX?Or is there an update ?Confused????Rick
Wondering about this myself also will there be a discount for people who already purchase ASX? The part about getting rid of that solid haze layer has sold it for me.The rest is just icing. :(

Hi All,I'll let Carl/Damian address all the features questions, as they know best.1. You can keep ASX installed.2. There will be a discount for ASV6.5 and/or ASX owners.Thanks!

Cannot decipher from what I read on the website but with the new ASA, can you manually put in a flightplan now or do you still have to import one? Reason being is I normally get mine from a realworld website that has the actual plans in use and then manually input it into my FMC. Would be nice to manually input a flightplan into ASA. As well, is this coming with a new graphics package as far as clouds are concerned or are we keeping the ones from AS6.5?Thanks.

Eric 

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi,Keep the questions coming, Damian and I will compile an answer list (FAQ) and put them all up for you.Thanks for the interest.Regards

Guest PPSFA

tks Carl, contact me when you get time