Sign in to follow this  
Guest 5012SFG

Question Regarding Airbus Vol.1

Guest 5012SFG

I've been a long time lurker here and really hate for my first post to be a question but I feel this is the best place for me to receive an answer or at least some insight. I seem to be having a few small issues with the Airbus Vol 1 by Wilco/Feelthere. To begin with, I have the latest versions installed and everything is up to date. I am also using Turbine Sound Studios engine sound packs (CFM and IAE) instead of the default engine sounds as I find these to be more realistic and enjoyable as well as the latest Project Airbus models and paints with only pertinent aircraft.cfg sections being replaced (lights, contact points, exits, tail hook, and wing fold). Now for the issues themselves.1. The a/p disconnect sound is not the correct Airbus sound but is instead the default Microsoft Cessna a/p disconnect sound. I checked the Airbus Vol 1 default engine sound pack and the a/p disconnect sound is not contained in there but rather in the main Feelthere folder, which has not been modified in anyway by myself, so I am fairly certain the TSS sound packs are not the culprit. I went ahead and replaced this Cessna sound (which resides in the main FS9/Sound folder) with the correct Airbus one but this is not a legitimate fix as far as I am concerned.2. It is impossible for me to select an ECAM page of my choice. On the ground the FCTL is always selected and I am unable to select the HYD page for instance. If I do select a different page the page I want appears for a second or two but then immediately reverts back to the page the system had originally. If I read the manual correctly, this has to do with the displayed page being selected by the ECAM system for the most important system page at that time, however I am unable to disable this automatic setting. What is the correct method to do such?3. I am unable to disengage the autopilot appropriately using a button on the keyboard or a button my joystick (or a button on the joystick mapped to a button on the keyboard). A/P disconnect is mapped to Z in FS2004 but neither pressing Z on the keyboard nor pressing the button mapped to either Z or the command itself on my joystick will work. I am forced to use the push-buttons on the MCP which treats me to a nasty Master Warning and would like to do away with that so my approaches are less stressful sounding. I would greatly appreciate any help or insight and thank you in advance.-Sean

Hi Sean, it realy sounds like you may need to do a reinstall of the product. I don't run the sounds, but have no problems with the ecam pages or the mapped autopilot disco. If you use the disco on the fcu you are actually disconnecting the fly by wire so you will have to put in the trim commands yourself. Can make for a heavy landing.http://forum.iemit.com/default.aspx?g=forumI have included a link (above) to the new Feelthere Forum. The Airbus series 1 section is under the banner "Unofficial technical discussion products developed by feelThere".Hope you can get it fixed as it is a great simulation of the Airbus.Nathan.

Nathan Ford (The Wonder Dog)

2. It is impossible for me to select an ECAM page of my choice.
sean:what nathan says is good advice. visit the support forum )http://forum.iemit.com) and do an uninstall (confirm all 'parts/folders' removed), and re-install.issues #1 & #3 show you have somthing non-standard occuring.issue #2 if you move any airframe surface you get the FCTL page ... NORMAL Airbus reaction. FS will 'move' the flight control surfaces if your yoke/pedals are sending 'spikes' when centered ... causing the behavior you describe. you don't have a large enough null-space with your pedals or yoke. my old system didn't have the problem with 'default settings'. when i moved my pedals to the new system i needed to increase the null space ... go figure?--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest 5012SFG

I'll go ahead and uninstall and reinstall and add my custom changes one at a time to see if one of those is perhaps the cause of issue #1 and #3. As for #2, now that you mention problems with joysticks sending unintentional signals and causing the F/CTL to remain on, I have been having issues with my Microsoft FF2 joystick behaving appropriately so I guess I'll just switch over to my Saitek yoke. Its brand new and has been working beautifully with other aircraft so I'll just have to sacrifice this little piece of realism. I've been looking around for a new joystick that specifically modeled after an Airbus sidestick so if any of you happens to know where I could purchase one that would be swell.Thanks for the help so far and I will be sure to return with an update.-Sean