Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulo320

Please Help Fix Display Issues!

Guest paulo320

Hello there, Just got back into simming and decided to get back with FSX and I really like it so far....But I've noticed these three disappointing display problems so I'd love to have your help and make FSX awesome: 1. How can I fix the jerky movements when on INSTANT REPLAY ( happens with all aircraft ). It seems as if the camera was trying to catch up to the plane slows down speeds up, slows down and continues back and forth. 2. Is there a way to increase the darkness of Aircraft Shadows on the Ground? They seem soooooo light I can barely tell there's actually a shadow under the aircraft! Is there a FSX.cfg modification possible to increase the darkness? 3. How can I reduce the size of airport lighting especially VASI or PAPI lights to a more realistic size and brightness. Is that a halo.bmp thing or do I need to modify FSX.cfg File? PLEASE HELP!-Paulo CalderonHere's my Computer specs if it helps:FSX/Acceleration on Vista Home Premium (64bit)E8600 Core 2 Duo 3.33GhzEVGA Geforce 9800 GTX 512MB4GB RAM500GB 7200rpm HDScenery and Aircraft Sliders and Display Options are mostly at MAX exept for AutoGen (Very Dense) and Scenery Density (Very Dense)Target FPS is at 27 and mostly stays there.Antialiasing is ON and so is Anisotrophic Filtering

1) Try Locked Spot View. It works!2) I don't know the answer to this one. If you've got the Deluxe edition then you could look at the SDK which is on the installation disks. You might find a fsx.cfg parameter which you can set.3) I've heard nothing about modifying these bitmaps, but you could search the libraries for this sort of mod. I doubt there's a setting in the .cfg file which modifies the behaviour of runway lights.I hope this helps. Maybe someone else will have more info.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

1) Try Locked Spot View. It works!
And/or a locked frame rate instead of unlimited.

Cheers, Andy.

As for the shadows, it all depends on the weather, the shadows are almost invisible with lots of clouds (even though there is no cloud shadow, go figure) which I can't stand, would rather have it like in FS9 instead. Hopefully we'll have a better lighting/shadow system in FS11.

Best, Michael

KDFW

3. How can I reduce the size of airport lighting especially VASI or PAPI lights to a more realistic size and brightness. Is that a halo.bmp thing or do I need to modify FSX.cfg File?
Applied to the [Display] section of the FSX.cfg file here's what I use (add/adjust them as to your preference):RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.5RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.5RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.5RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.5I'm pretty sure a value of 1.0 would be the default.Mike