Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

Active Sky Advanced Announced!

Guest firehawk44
HiFi just announced Active Sky Advanced. Will be out in a couple of weeksHave a look at the new HiFi Simulation website for more info.It would seem that Active Sky Advanced is a far more advanced weather simulator than REX is! :(
This was announced earlier in this forum with a lot of discussion but I agree with you that this will be far more advanced than REX. Thanks for the heads up regarding their website reorganization with more details concerning the program. I have always been a proud supporter of HiFi products and glad I stayed with them instead of moving over to REX. IMHO, one of the neatest features in ASX Advanced is "Weather Theme Drag and Drop" where you'll be able "to drag and drop weather files onto locations on the map and to apply that weather to a radius anywhere from 5 miles to Global from that drop point." Yikes! And you'll be able to use any addon scenery program with the product such as FEX, GEX, REX, UTX, FS Genesis, MegaScenery, and DreamScenery. Yikes again! I look forward to its release!Jim

Looks great....but I wonder if current ASX folks will get this at a discount?....oops, should have read the forums. Jim states discounts to both ASX and AS6 users. Good news.

Looks great....but I wonder if current ASX folks will get this at a discount?
yes there will be a discount for ASX folks :)see the forum link in the post above.rodger

yes there will be a discount for ASX folks :)see the forum link in the post above.rodger
See my edit :(

My two favourite features listed here (which would also feature in my FS11 wish list):Included FSX Haze Layer EliminatorWe

Guest Bob Keeshan
My two favourite features listed here (which would also feature in my FS11 wish list):Included FSX Haze Layer EliminatorWe

How does Active Sky impact performance (e.g. FPS)?
To be honest, no one can answer that question the way you'd probably want. That, as with any other addon that enhances graphics, depends on your own system and program settings. Also performance may be affected by the weather it is trying to depict. Nice clear sky with some cirrus - not much of a performance hit vs heavy thunderstorms with many layers of cloud - noticeable performance hit (unless your system is decent).AS Graphics which comes along with previous versions, allows you to select different quality textures along with several others options to limit cloud layers etc. so you can fine tune in the performance department.ps. I have a low end computer by todays standards and the performance is acceptable in most cases

Guest firehawk44
How does Active Sky impact performance (e.g. FPS)?
With the current version, if you keep the weather radius to the minimum (60 miles or less as recommended by the developer), it won't be any worse than the default weather program. All weather programs impact on the FPS so you'll have to do some compromising when using any of them.Jim