Sign in to follow this  
jaje

Download Page Hanging

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but everytime I try to download material from AVSIM libraries the download page hangs and then goes to "not responding" whenever the donation option is presented. It appears the three button *.gif files cannot be loaded. I've tried for some weeks now to overcome this problem. I've set my browser to accept all cookies, I've turned off my Norton 360 protection and I've tried getting up in the middle of the night when traffic on the site is at its minimum. When the donation page is not displayed, I can download, but that only works once or at the most twice, because after that, all I get is the partly loaded donation page which hangs. I've donated oocasionally in the past but I can't even do that now because the buttons don't load.Is there anyway of overcoming this problem?

I assume you are using FIREFOX. If so, try this; go to TOOLS, select CONTENT and then disable JAVASCRIPT. See if that fixes the issue. If it does, please report that here.

Thanks for your response Tom. I've been away from home for a few days and just read it.No, I'm using IE6. I've tried disabling my Norton 360 AV but still encournter the download hanging problem.

Thanks for the info re disabling Javascript in Firefox - I've been trying to download a file for over a week now, without success. After disabling Javascript the file downloaded immediately. Thanks againjaje