Sign in to follow this  
wandelen

Fsx Switches To Secondary Monitor

I recently bought a new PC and a new secondary monitor. Performance with FSX is a bit disappointing, but my main problem at the moment is that FSX does not display at my main screen. I have two Samsung widescreen monitors of 24 inch with 1920 x 1280 px 60 Hertz, 32 bit color (SyncMaster 245B+ and SyncMaster 2443bw).FSX starts at my main screen and stays there till I start a flight. When it has loaded the fligth it starts at the secondary monitor and the main monitor remains black.The strange thing is that FSX on the second monitor also switches tot a lower resolution. When the flight is loading I first see a black rectangle on my secondary monitor and when the flight starts it fills the monitor complete (at a lower resolution). When I go to Settings

Try switching to windowed mode by holding Alt and then pressing Enter, once in windowed mode you can drag and drop FSX to the correct monitor. The secondary screen with then go black/blank when you switch back to full screen mode. You cant use 2 monitors whilst in full screen mode, you have to use windowed mode for example to show the GPS on the secondary screen and have the main view on your primary display.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest UlfB
Try switching to windowed mode by holding Alt and then pressing Enter, once in windowed mode you can drag and drop FSX to the correct monitor. The secondary screen with then go black/blank when you switch back to full screen mode. You cant use 2 monitors whilst in full screen mode, you have to use windowed mode for example to show the GPS on the secondary screen and have the main view on your primary display.
I have no problem running FSX in full screen mode and using my second monitor to display gps, pedestal and radios.

Hi Andy,Thanks for your reply. It was indeed a good way to get fsx on my main monitor again. However, when I changed a few times between full screen and windowed mode I got an error message and the screen went haywire. That did not happen before but now I guess that I have to change the graphics card. I hope my supplier agrees with me.Cheers,Jan

Guest Stanley

Hello,I have exactly same problem. My system isASUS P5Q, Q8200 CPURadeon 4670I tried many test to find the reason and I found that this problem is occuered whe turn on Directx 10 option. Did you check it? When I check off DirectX 10 option, screen was displayed correctly on main screen. To solve it, I tried various versions of display driver but failed. Anyway, this problem is caused by directx 10 and display driver.Did you solve this problem? Would you let me know when you have other information about this? I'll also do.Best regards,Stanley