Flying today I was plagued by this strange fog layer with straight edges that meant I was unable to see the aerodrome. Is there any way that this layer can be removed?This is in FSX with ASX and X Graphics.Many thanks,Tim

Hi Tim,Do you remember what the weather data was?Thanks,

Hi Tim,Do you remember what the weather data was?Thanks,
Hi JimThat was quick - it's the weather at FLLD now (17:00 UTC).The METAR is FLLD 071600Z 23004KT 9999 TS SCT004 SCT014 FEW020CB BKN060 22/19 Q1020 RMK INTERPOLATEDThanks,Tim

Hi,Any SkyScape options on in ASX?
Yes I have both "Enable SkyScape Mode" and "Use SkyScape for Stratus" ticked.Tim

Hi,Yes, uncheck both of those and also Fog Layer Generation if that is on.Thanks,

Hi,Yes, uncheck both of those and also Fog Layer Generation if that is on.Thanks,
OK I'll uncheck both SkyScapes - but presumably that means I won't get any of the SkyScape features?Fog layer generation was off.Is this problem solved in Active Sky Advanced, which apparently "eliminates FSX

Hi Tim,Would you say this is the FSX visibility layer you are seeing? I can't tell from your screenshot. If you think it is, then you need a texture fix that is in the graphics packages for FSX or in the upcoming ASA program.

Hi Tim,Would you say this is the FSX visibility layer you are seeing? I can't tell from your screenshot. If you think it is, then you need a texture fix that is in the graphics packages for FSX or in the upcoming ASA program.
JimI'm sorry, but I have no idea at all how to tell if this is "the FSX visibility layer" that I'm seeing - if you can tell me how to do this then I'll obviously do it!You talk about "a texture fix that is in the graphics packages for FSX", can you tell me where to get this, so that I can try it?Thanks,Tim

Hi Tim,I can't tell from your one shot because you are below the layer. Fly above the layer and take a shot.X Graphics has some clear overcast textures and in awhile ASA, our new program, will have a clear texture.REX has this as does FEX, I? understand.Thanks,

Sorry Jim, I don't understand. I am flying above the grey fog layer - it's only about 50ft above ground level, so it would be difficult to fly beneath it, but is that what you want?

Is the problem that the clouds are being depicted at the METAR number of feet above sea level, not airfield level? This airfield is over 3000 feet altitude, and it looks as though the clouds are being depicted below it, rather than above. I've also seen this sort of thing at high elevation airfields, when the METAR reports a cloud base that would be below the airfield if measured from sea level. The METAR numbers always refer to height above airfield level, not sea level, as you'll be aware.Petraeus

Petraeus

Hi Tim,Are you referring to the cloud layer above your plane or those clouds in the distance by the water? If it those by the water it could be what Petraeus is describing.Thanks,

Hi Tim,Are you referring to the cloud layer above your plane or those clouds in the distance by the water? If it those by the water it could be what Petraeus is describing.Thanks,
It's the clouds by the water.Does this change your previous recommendation to turn off both SkyScapes and the Fog layer generation?Tim

Hi,Yes, it sure does, so turn those back on if you like. The altitude problem is the cause of this.Thanks,